Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 100 Sellers Wanted

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: 100 Sellers Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    ....Whole content was fact and also an opinion. Report as much as you want and happy trolling.
    The statements in red cant both be true.

People in glass houses should not throw stones.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    And, as a seller of low cost collectables, I hope you will allow me to have sold a £60 coin last week.
    Great ! well done.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    OK, adruml, I feel even more attacked now!

And, as a seller of low cost collectables, I hope you will allow me to have sold a £60 coin last week.
    Please read my post entirely. Showing the difference of an attack and an assumed attack. I'm not attacking you or any seller who is listing items here unless of course I get attacked for not following what others do. I may ask questions or present information which is here for everybody to see but makes no sense to attack anybody not only listing here but supporting others as well. Fabricating stories/scenarios to try and resolve personal vendettas is not my thing nor do I have any inclination to drag eBid down. I would like nothing more than to see eBid strive in the marketplace.
    Unfortunately the same advice has been given in the forums over and over again for many years, and the results? If I come out and ask: How can eBid grow into a Premier auction site where buyers search here first? I would and have gotten bombarded with remarks stating I'm anti eBid, I should go back to ebay and miscellaneous other remarks which have nothing to do with what I was asking but instead assumptions are I'm trying to take down eBid. Yeah that's right I am on a one man crusade to take down this auction site!! I wonder what the benefit would be?

I read the "eBid needs more variety" statements as just that. There is nothing wrong with listing more of the same if that is what is available to list then list it. Over the years it has been posted on the forums that eBid does not have enough to offer when visitors come here. The current listings do in fact bring in visitors and buyers and these visitors/buyers do buy other things. eBid needs to help get these "other things" listed here and somehow keep those sellers here. eBid has over the years had plenty of variety. Unfortunately not at the same time and not for any length of time. I see nothing wrong with anyone making the statement that eBid needs more variety. Current sellers of anything here should not take offense to that one bit.
    I believe I have made many comments about the stamps, postcards and collectible listings. Not meant to insult anybody just facts. eBid has mostly these type of listings. It's not a secret nor should it be. Looking at the numbers involved (FVF's) I can't see eBid making a ton of $$$ on these listings so yes eBid needs more variety. This still should not insult any seller.

Let's say over a period of 3 years a seller sells 5000 items at $4.00 each average. (I'm using U.S. $$$) $50.00 Lifetime fee plus 2% FVF totals $150.00 per year for eBid. How many of these type of sellers do we have here?

One of the sellers from U.S. who is just about always on the Hot Sellers list sells collectibles and his items sell for more than the $4.00 I mentioned above. Unfortunately this particular seller doesn't use Gallery listing so eBid makes 0 from his sales and listings.
    Maybe as this seller brings buyers in through keyword searches these buyers go and search for other items they need so making $$$ of his original listings isn't important but looking into it a little deeper the buyers search for other items and buy here isn't the scenario.

I don't know what the answers are but I will keep asking questions and pointing out false hopes as they arise.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    The statements in red cant both be true.

People in glass houses should not throw stones.
    My aren't we clever today!

Content is plural. Some fact some opinion. Leave your glass house and go to the basement.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    it really is looking like every conceivable angle you can find to attack ebid and its sellers who do sell

no one answered on that thread over the time i saw it live for over an hour it was removed it was very very anti ebid
    Okay slick I just posted the comment that was made which is in my email.
    The thread was posted in the evening here so most of UK was sleeping. The post made was from a U.S. seller. Watching close and only up for an hour? Sid you just gave it away. You watched it for an hour, reported it then went to bed. That is why you did not see the post which came after you reported it and before it was pulled...you were sleeping.

I have some work to do now so you think of something else you can contradict yourself on I'll be back later or tomorrow.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Okay slick I just posted the comment that was made which is in my email.
    The thread was posted in the evening here so most of UK was sleeping. The post made was from a U.S. seller. Watching close and only up for an hour? Sid you just gave it away. You watched it for an hour, reported it then went to bed. That is why you did not see the post which came after you reported it and before it was pulled...you were sleeping.

I have some work to do now so you think of something else you can contradict yourself on I'll be back later or tomorrow.
    i told you i did not report it

it was pulled because it was very very anti ebid

its very interesting even in my first post were i mentioned your pulled thread i said i did not need to report it, yet you keep saying i reported it, you can not use me to justify the removal of your thread it was pulled because it was anti ebid very simple ,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    i told you i did not report it

it was pulled because it was very very anti ebid

its very interesting even in my first post were i mentioned your pulled thread i said i did not need to report it, yet you keep saying i reported it, you can not use me to justify the removal of your thread it was pulled because it was anti ebid very simple ,
    I'll tell you I don't believe you. I don't keep saying you reported it I only showed the fact from your own statement that you did. The thread was not anti eBid but probably anti whatever sid thinks.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'll tell you I don't believe you. I don't keep saying you reported it I only showed the fact from your own statement that you did. The thread was not anti eBid but probably anti whatever sid thinks.

i said i did not need to report it,

however i dont have a problem reporting any thread or post you make if i think it breaks the rules

your post was removed by ebid either by some one else reporting it or ebid seeing it themselves it was removed because it was anti ebid

now if im lying about not reporting your thread that would be breaking the rules i would expect a ban for lying
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

This thread is getting rather silly now.
    Let's not forget that the original was from an eBid newbie who had an idea to increase traffic on the site.
    Full marks for initiative, and for raising the discussion.
    But what must he think of us now?

Playground squabbles are so boring.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes the OP's idea was a great idea.
    And one that comes up about every month.

The trick is finding a way to contact all the old ebid members (probably about one million of them) , and inducing them to list some stuff.

Thread Information