Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Overpricing items

Default Overpricing items

I found an item for sale on here that the seller is also selling on the river.

on eBid it is £229.99 with £5.85 postage.

on the river it is £45.00 with £3.99 postage.

not impressed!

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Overpricing items

Ditto books.
    I've seen books on here at £9.00 plus postage, that I can buy on Amaz for 1.99 delivered.

Yes it is extremely disappointing to see that from a seller, maybe we could say that their vision is somewhat blurred.

I am amazed you found the item, the listing is missing some vital keywords.

Quote Originally Posted by squern View Post
    Ditto books.
    I've seen books on here at £9.00 plus postage, that I can buy on Amaz for 1.99 delivered.

Paperbacks for £11.97 - £2.80 tops elsewhere.

Just waiting for someone to chip in and tell me - once again - that it is none of my business what other people charge for their items

So, before they do, let me say it IS my business: buyers are just going to give up coming here if prices are constantly inflated.

Quote Originally Posted by Knit_Wits_Vintage View Post
    Paperbacks for £11.97 - £2.80 tops elsewhere.

Just waiting for someone to chip in and tell me - once again - that it is none of my business what other people charge for their items

So, before they do, let me say it IS my business: buyers are just going to give up coming here if prices are constantly inflated.

I am not going to disagree entirely... but books are a bit of an anomaly. However if it is the same seller that is selling same product cheaper elsewhere then it is unforgivable and illogical.

The instance highlighted by the OP is not a book.

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    I am not going to disagree entirely... but books are a bit of an anomaly. However if it is the same seller that is selling same product cheaper elsewhere then it is unforgivable and illogical.

The instance highlighted by the OP is not a book.
    Yes, the instance highlighted by the OP is not a book, but Squern pointed to these also being overpriced.

Maybe an anomaly - can't disagree with that, Deano. However, these are bog-standard novels which can be found at a fraction of that price on other sites.

If you can be bothered, just put in a search for Anna Jacobs on t'other side - you won't have to look far - and then search here.

Quote Originally Posted by Knit_Wits_Vintage View Post
    Yes, the instance highlighted by the OP is not a book, but Squern pointed to these also being overpriced.

Maybe an anomaly - can't disagree with that, Deano. However, these are bog-standard novels which can be found at a fraction of that price on other sites.

Yep point taken, can't argue with bog standard stuff...

Just taking a look through that sellers other listings, some great stuff........ a few are let down by price, most are let down by the listing technique and not using what is available to them... there are items where the initial bid price makes the buy price unusable and the bid price is with reserve, which buyers hate - result being that you have two prices which makes the item just about unbuyable.... seeing that a lot recently.

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Yep point taken, can't argue with bog standard stuff...

Just taking a look through that sellers other listings, some great stuff........ a few are let down by price, most are let down by the listing technique and not using what is available to them... there are items where the initial bid price makes the buy price unusable and the bid price is with reserve, which buyers hate - result being that you have two prices which makes the item just about unbuyable.... seeing that a lot recently.
    Have to admit that I didn't look that deeply into the listings, Deano. I just saw the very high prices on the paperbacks and looked no further, which I suspect most buyers would do.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

you can't blame ebid for the pricing - it's entirely the seller's problem

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    you can't blame ebid for the pricing - it's entirely the seller's problem
    No, of course you can't blame eBid for the pricing - I think we all realise that. The point is, buyers will not return to a site where there is such overpricing. So, it is not entirely the seller's problem - it becomes a problem for all sellers.

Thread Information