Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Payment Methods

Forum Newbie
    All-About Kalis
    View Kalis's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Payment Methods

I want to sell some old items that I have in storage (spring cleaning) and I don't intend to become a big time seller, but I was hoping to get some advice from the experienced users on ebids before I attempt to sell anything here.

What is a good payment method to accept. I had bad experiences with ebay and paypal selling stuff. Namely buyer fraud even with signature confirmation and delivery confirmation. I was wondering if there is an online payment method where signature confirmation and delivery confirmation is enough to not get funds reversed.

I tried reading up a little on this and amazon payments seems like an option but I don't think it allows for auction sales. I could live with that if It was my only safe alternative.

Does paypal work better with ebids? Is buyer fraud rampant here as well with reversals? I'd like to know before I ship an item that it isn't going to get reversed on me if I can prove it was shipped and delivered.

edit.. I looked at that pppay.com website that appears to be the official payment method for ebids.

I don't see a country option for USA though. Does this mean US sellers can't use this service?
    Last edited by Kalis; 7th April 2014 at 06:38 PM.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Payment Methods

Hi and welcome to eBid.

Per your questions, you can accept any payment method you like, (online, COD, check, credit card, etc.). Seller+ members have direct linkage to Paypal and Skrill, (not sure about PPPay as I don't use it), but you can always invoice buyers directly if you can't/don't want to use any of these options. I'm not sure if U.S. sellers can use PPPay or not, hopefully someone in the know about PPPay will be along soon to answer this; if not, or you want more information, you can always contact eBid support: support@ebid.net they're very good about answering member questions in a timely and informative fashion.

I don't know about selling on Feepay (never sold there, only a buyer) but there don't seem to be a lot of problems with buyer fraud here on eBid, knock wood. I've never had trouble with Paypal either, though, and I've used it as a buyer/seller for years, so maybe it's just me.

Good luck and best wishes for many sales to all,
    Last edited by suesjools; 8th April 2014 at 12:29 PM.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have not sold on here yet using paypal so I can't comment on any problems. However from what I have experienced the atmosphere here is diffferent from that other site and there are less problems. As for PPPay it is not available to the USA.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've never had a problem with PayPal (on this site or any other) but I'll never use PPPay again. 1st they charge you for the verification process and again when your card expires and you need to be verified again! 2nd you can never get your money out and you have to find another seller that uses it to spend your money with (which is what I did when I closed my account with them) They are the only 2 problems I had but others have reported more faults.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you don't accept paypal you will miss out on most buyers

There are always bad buyers, but most of think that ebid has less of them.

Thread Information