eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Tips on Selling

Forum Newbie
    Wimbledon, Greater London, United Kingdom
    All-About ihsfatyum
    View ihsfatyum's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Tips on Selling

Does anyone have any tips on how to get people to view your listing. I'm new to ebid and wondering how I can raise my listing's exposure?

Thanks

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Tips on Selling

Hi and welcome to eBid. Some suggestions, if you haven't already tried them:

1) Add a signature link to your posts, so members can click to view your listings.
    2) List as many items as you can; it's free to list and relist and the more items you list, the more potential sales.
    3) Use 7-10 day listings with auto repost to ensure your items move up searches.
    4) Let former customers from other sites know you're selling here.
    5) Use social networking (Twitter, Facebook, personal blog, etc.) to promote your listings.
    6) Use Plug Your Auctions on the forum (1x per 24 hours - delete old plug before adding new one) to promote your listings.
    7) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    8) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid.
    9) Buy a few inexpensive items to increase your feedback and support the site.
    10) Get involved in eBid activities, as the monthly YDC charity auctions, if you're so inclined; it's a great way to raise monies for good causes and it helps raise your profile in the eBid community.
    11) Check out the Help videos and read Astral's FAQs page, lots of good info. in both places.

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

12) If seller+, use your 5 free stores to organize your items so potential buyers can find them more easily.
    13) Use MaO (if it's your thing) or offer combined shipping or other discounts (if feasible) to encourage potential customers to check out your items.

Oh and have fun.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ihsfatyum View Post
    Does anyone have any tips on how to get people to view your listing. I'm new to ebid and wondering how I can raise my listing's exposure?

Thanks
    Same as if you had your own website selling your items, except...? Okay I need help here!

I have no trouble with views...It's the sales that are lacking. Don't look now, as I am fazing out due to moving 3,000 miles away. Hope to be back with new, different, fun and VERY unique items. SEO (words you use, how, when and where) maybe helpful. Study, Study,Study! There is so much help here and all over the net. This is the best forum on the planet with the nicest and bestest people. Don't use that word haha Good Luck and Many Happy Sales to you

You are awesome! All the best right answers as always !
    Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Hi and welcome to eBid. Some suggestions, if you haven't already tried them:

1) Add a signature link to your posts, so members can click to view your listings.
    2) List as many items as you can; it's free to list and relist and the more items you list, the more potential sales.
    3) Use 7-10 day listings with auto repost to ensure your items move up searches.
    4) Let former customers from other sites know you're selling here.
    5) Use social networking (Twitter, Facebook, personal blog, etc.) to promote your listings.
    6) Use Plug Your Auctions on the forum (1x per 24 hours - delete old plug before adding new one) to promote your listings.
    7) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    8) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid.
    9) Buy a few inexpensive items to increase your feedback and support the site.
    10) Get involved in eBid activities, as the monthly YDC charity auctions, if you're so inclined; it's a great way to raise monies for good causes and it helps raise your profile in the eBid community.
    11) Check out the Help videos and read Astral's FAQs page, lots of good info. in both places.

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

12) If seller+, use your 5 free stores to organize your items so potential buyers can find them more easily.
    13) Use MaO (if it's your thing) or offer combined shipping or other discounts (if feasible) to encourage potential customers to check out your items.

Oh and have fun.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebideclectics View Post
    You are awesome! All the best right answers as always !
    Thanks, you're too kind.

Thread Information