eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Them over there" messing with fees again

View TOPticl's Feedback (+1938)
    All-About TOPticl
    View TOPticl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default "Them over there" messing with fees again

If you take an interest in "that other auction site.uk" you may have seen that they are messing with their fee structure again.
    By my calculation on the sale of one of my £1.99 postcards (only £1.79 here :-) ) they will now take a massive 35% in fees.

Time to get out and tell all your customers that ebid is far better, and cheaper for them.
    These changes should have a major impact on collectibles, and should see an increase of business here - if we can only let people know we are here for them.

Default Re: "Them over there" messing with fees again

That's a lot. I haven't sold anything over there for a few years, not that I ever did list much there. I do hope that we'll see an increase in listings here ... and sales for all sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    That's a lot. I haven't sold anything over there for a few years, not that I ever did list much there. I do hope that we'll see an increase in listings here ... and sales for all sellers.
    Once again we shall await the diaspora. Once again we shall be disappointed.

Wake up, eBid! This should be a great opportunity.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Knit_Wits_Vintage View Post
    Once again we shall await the diaspora. Once again we shall be disappointed.

Wake up, eBid! This should be a great opportunity.
    Current US listings. Steady decrease for last 6 months. Sellers aren't coming no matter what the other site is doing, they aren't coming here. eBid needs to step up. Unless of course they are happy with growth (or lack of) rate.

Now
    3,203,530 auctions running in 13,642 categories.

Newcastle Emlyn, Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom
    View tripledragon's Feedback (+12)
    All-About tripledragon
    View tripledragon's Listings
    Forum Posts

Has anybody seen the outcry over at "the forums of another uk auction site"? They have stopped the 100 free 99p listings for private sellers and replaced them with 20 free listings instead, and not only that, they have advertised it as "a good suprise"..

I reckon "over here" is bound to get busier... what "the other site" keeps forgetting is that a lot of it's sellers are also buyers.

View EalingBob's Feedback (+1206)
    All-About EalingBob
    View EalingBob's Listings
    Forum Posts

also after the 20 free listings, listings will cost 35p each whatever the selling price, think there will be a big exodus from over there, I used there 100 free listings for my postcards and those that sold had a compliment slip enclosed directing them here, not worth doing now Im afraid

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tripledragon View Post
    Has anybody seen the outcry over at "the forums of another uk auction site"? They have stopped the 100 free 99p listings for private sellers and replaced them with 20 free listings instead, and not only that, they have advertised it as "a good suprise"..

I reckon "over here" is bound to get busier... what "the other site" keeps forgetting is that a lot of it's sellers are also buyers.
    Year after year, after year. Everytime they rock the boat over there threads/posts here state eBid will get busier. I woolen hold my breath. Without some type of large scale marketing to get the eBid name known, they're not coming.

Cool Re: "Them over there" messing with fees again

Quote Originally Posted by TOPticl View Post
    If you take an interest in "that other auction site.uk" you may have seen that they are messing with their fee structure again.
    By my calculation on the sale of one of my £1.99 postcards (only £1.79 here :-) ) they will now take a massive 35% in fees.

Time to get out and tell all your customers that ebid is far better, and cheaper for them.
    These changes should have a major impact on collectibles, and should see an increase of business here - if we can only let people know we are here for them.
    The other side are getting greedy....rip off merchants
    Hope everyone wakes up to that and comes here.
    'Welcome to my art studio. Always open

'http://uk.ebid.net/items/pamelajonesart

Forum Newbie
    View ellesebid's Feedback (+47)
    All-About ellesebid
    View ellesebid's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have noticed something over the last few days on here. A lot of times when I was searching for something, rarely any listings showed up. Now I am seeing a lot of listings, so it looks like ebid is getting busier . I just hope these new sellers stay

Thread Information