Thread: Bonus for eBid? :D

Forum Newbie
    Colmonell, South Ayrshire, United Kingdom
    View the_lady_laird's Feedback (+116)
    All-About the_lady_laird
    View the_lady_laird's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Bonus for eBid? :D

Massive changes for eBay Private Sellers are happening mid-May '14 ~ can eBid cash in? I'm following the Forums "over there" where the loss of 100 x 99p 'free' listings per month, and a standard item insertion fee of 35p after the new 'any price/ any format 20 listings per month, is causing many unhappy grumblings of total discontent, especially after the grab of 10% on P&P which for many felt like the "last straw".

Many eBayers are looking for a new venue to sell (and buy) on - and this is a massive opportunity for eBid to move forward!

New eBay changes are:
    Private sellers will "enjoy":
    · Every month you’ll get to list up to 20 items in any category (excluding Motors) for free - these free listings can be in auction or fixed price format and can have any start price
    · Every month you’ll get to schedule up to 20 of your listings for free - this means you choose when they go live
    · Insertion fees after your first free 20 listings will be £0.35 per listing
    What’s not changing?
    · The final value fee for item and postage costs will remain at 10% across every category (excluding Motors and Property) for private sellers. The maximum you will pay is £75.
    What’s disappearing?
    · 100 free auction only listings per month provided the start price is less than £1

The cost for Private Seller's Shops are even worse, where for a mere £19.99/month per shop, the selling allowance has been cut from 200 listings to 100..!!! Unreal.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Bonus for eBid? :D

Each time things change over there, we get a further influx of new sellers. However, they do need to do things the right way for here to have success. Sadly, many list as they would have done there and get frustrated.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Each time things change over there, we get a further influx of new sellers. However, they do need to do things the right way for here to have success. Sadly, many list as they would have done there and get frustrated.
    I just cannot understand that rationale. If you list with good keywords, good description, and keep your prices to an acceptable level, then you should be able to transfer your items from there to here and get sales. That - in the main - just does not happen.

It is that that eBid needs to address.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Knit_Wits_Vintage View Post
    I just cannot understand that rationale. If you list with good keywords, good description, and keep your prices to an acceptable level, then you should be able to transfer your items from there to here and get sales. That - in the main - just does not happen.

It is that that eBid needs to address.
    I think people don't bother with the good keywords and all that but the biggest issue which most of us have little influence over is traffic. That is management's problem - we can only tinker.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

but the biggest issue which most of us have little influence over is traffic. That is management's problem - we can only tinker
    How right you are.

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by purplestevie View Post
    If you are a private seller selling 100 - 200 items a month surely you should be a registered business?
    Yes, you should be.
    And once you are called in, you need to prove you are not running a business, it is not the other way round.

I had friends who thought they could claim it was only a hobby.
    Didn't wash with HMRC nor with the IRS

With one, they let him carry on for 5 years, while they watched him, before he was called in.
    Sorry Knits, but I can never see why one person has to pay and another doesn't.
    Yet both use all the services provided by taxes.

All-About Teddyrose54
    Forum Posts

If you have hundreds of items and sell regularly you are a business it doesnt matter whether they where inherited or not. This is what i was told and that is why i am a registered business and have to fill in a self assessment form every year.
    I too inherited thousands of items from, my late mother in law but the current laws says if you sell regularly your are a business and should fill in a self assesment form. Its easy and can be done on paper or online.
    You are spot on sunshine.
    And they will ask you to prove where your goods came from.
    It also does not mean you have to earn a certain amount, before declaring yourself a business, either.
    Perhaps there should be a list on every selling platform, detailing what is and what is not a business.
    They do not have to prove anything, the seller has to prove everything, once your contacted.
    It costs Sam £700 an hour for a solicator to keep him out of jail. But he lost everything else.
    That is not scare mongering, that is just plain facts.
    And all because he didn't want to fill in one form a year.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you have hundreds of items and sell regularly you are a business it doesnt matter whether they where inherited or not. This is what i was told and that is why i am a registered business and have to fill in a self assessment form every year.
    I too inherited thousands of items from, my late mother in law but the current laws says if you sell regularly your are a business and should fill in a self assessment form. Its easy and can be done on paper or online.

I think bay r trying to force large private sellers to register as a business

there are no hard or fast rules regarding what is a business or not there guide lines only ,ambiguous , open to interpretation, and appeal,

the DSRs clearly state if your a business trading on line you dont need to say so however if it turns out you are a business it gives the buyer more rights ,

heres the IR guide lines its open to there interpretation of how they think if your a business or not and you can appeal any point on that matter.
    What we consider to be trading
    It can sometimes be difficult to tell the difference between trading and not trading.
    You are most probably trading if: • you want to make a profit • you have bought goods to sell them on • you sell things often or regularly • you register as a business seller on an internet auction site • you sell from a market stall • you buy things wholesale or through trade suppliers • you change or improve things before selling them on • you sell things that you have just bought • you sell things that are related to another business that you run • you have borrowed money to pay for the things that you are selling and you need
    to repay that loan.
    You are probably not regarded as trading if: • you only sell things to cover your costs • you sell a personal possession or something that you have been given or
    have inherited • you only make sales occasionally • you are not registered as an online shop or trader on an internet auction site • you make no changes or improvements to the items that you sell • you occasionally sell a personal possession that you have acquired or bought
    some time ago.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About Teddyrose54
    Forum Posts

I think that totally proves the point, both myself and PS were making.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyrose54 View Post
    I think that totally proves the point, both myself and PS were making.
    i think my post proves that the IR will make a assumption about some one trading you have the right of appeal they will then have the onus upon themselves to prove you indeed need to pay the appropriate amount of tax, to the appeal body.

i do agree they can make life very difficult for some one under suspicion perhaps thats why the guide line are ambiguous
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Thread Information