Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bonus for eBid? :D

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Bonus for eBid? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Knit_Wits_Vintage View Post
    And I found your insinuation that I was posing as a private seller both insulting and upsetting.
    I never said you were posing as a business seller you clearly are not and there was no need to immediately remove all your listings.

This is my last post on this forum i can see clearly how things work on here if you disagree with (mostly the stalwarts) you are attacked.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Does Pay Pal or the others payment companies report earnings to our government's tax authorities once a specified amount has been reached?

I'm pretty sure over here we are supposed to report any and all "income" on our tax forms.

[QUOTE=purplestevie;1599711]I never said you were posing as a business seller you clearly are not and there was no need to immediately remove all your listings.

I said that my patterns were inherited from a deceased relative.

Your reply clearly insinuated that I should register as a business:

Originally Posted by purplestevie
    If you have hundreds of items and sell regularly you are a business it doesnt matter whether they where inherited or not. This is what i was told and that is why i am a registered business and have to fill in a self assessment form every year.
    I too inherited thousands of items from, my late mother in law but the current laws says if you sell regularly your are a business and should fill in a self assesment form. Its easy and can be done on paper or online.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

This should have been 2 threads!

Going back to the OP.

Yes lets hope some more people leave ebay and join ebid and list some items and sell something quickly so that they will be motivated to stay and list more.

We need more cymbals on ebid.

Keep posting
    Quote Originally Posted by purplestevie View Post
    I never said you were posing as a business seller you clearly are not and there was no need to immediately remove all your listings.

This is my last post on this forum i can see clearly how things work on here if you disagree with (mostly the stalwarts) you are attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Does Pay Pal or the others payment companies report earnings to our government's tax authorities once a specified amount has been reached?

I'm pretty sure over here we are supposed to report any and all "income" on our tax forms.
    $20,000.00, and 200 transactions, Paypal sends it to the Government.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

People who take an unhealthy interest in the financial affairs of strangers must logically fall into one of two groups:

1. They are paid narks of the Inland Revenue.
    2. They are busybodies, or trolls, or mischief-makers with more time on their hands than is good for them.

If the first is true, then we all need to be interested since HMRC do not publically admit to having paid informers. A year away from an election, it might be politically interesting if we raised the question with our MPs, and asked for explanations. An HMRC nark is obliged to reveal him/herself if challenged, because the courts do not like agents-provocateurs or those who would entrap. And let's not forget that we are talking about fraud.

If the second is true, them we should treat them with the disdain they deserve, and ignore them as much as possible. We must not allow them the power they crave - to upset and worry people, who are just trying to make ends meet. Let them go back to eBay.

So here's a challenge:

Will the next person who feels the need to enquire into another's private financial affairs either:

1. Identify themselves as a paid nark of the Inland Revenue, or
    2. Explain why they find the private affairs of others to be of interest to them, and why they feel they have the right to look into them.

We will then all get an insight into the mindset of a person who does not respect the privacy of others, and who feels they are not bound by the normal perameters of polite and civilised behaviour.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyrose54 View Post
    And once you are called in, you need to prove you are not running a business, it is not the other way round.

I had friends who thought they could claim it was only a hobby.
    Didn't wash with HMRC nor with the IRS
    I rather like the idea of treating my sales as a business as I spend more money than I make so that is negative income...

Pretty good definition of a hobby!
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_lady_laird View Post
    especially after the grab of 10% on P&P which for many felt like the "last straw".
    I don't pay much attention to the stuff I get emailed by eBay about eBay, changes etc. but although I knew they were charging a fee on postage costs I didn't realise it was so steep at 10% - that is just disgusting.

Someone did start a thread about how eBid does not take a percentage on postage costs but I did point out in a reply on that thread that eBay have implemented this fee on postage costs simple because some sellers were offering items for 1p or £1.00 to circumvent paying final value fees and where setting the postage cost as the price of the item and adding whatever extra to cover actual postage as well. Obviously, all the genuine sellers whom have never done this get penalised on postage costs now so they may not opt to raise their prices of items to "include postage costs" while offering the non-existent "free shipping" to avoid the 10% fee on postage costs now. And there is also the issue of some sellers generally over charging on postage costs when it costs them no extra financially up to a certain weight especially with Royal Mail now doing 0-1k on parcels.

eBay and PayPal win here anyway because people raise their prices to include shipping so the eBay fvf is worth more and on some items, pushes items into a higher percentage bracket, while PayPal earn more for their robbing percentage as well. Again, just penalising genuine and honest sellers all the more.

Greed corrupts and destroys all and greed has corrupted and destroyed eBay yet a lot of seller will remain there to sell at a loss for the sake of more regular sales because other platforms, like eBid, do not advertise so the customer base is tiny compared to the places that do invest in real advertising.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsbooks View Post
    ............... as I spend more money than I make so that is negative income...

Pretty good definition of a hobby!
    LOL - same here

Thread Information