Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Bonus for eBid? :D

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Bonus for eBid? :D

Quote Originally Posted by redmerlin777 View Post
    Many of you won't know me...But I have been here a few years now YooHoo Madelaine ,and you lovely postcard and book people.
    eBid has grown, slowly but surely and we still discuss advertising. I don't sell a lot and like others I have a load of inherited "Stuff". I too filled in the Tax forms and then got a letter to say I needn't any more. I am not a business. I did have one and trust me I have retired but need the extra few pennies to help pay for my fuel bills ( Nil desperandum! Another 5 years and I will get TV free )
    I think I could be better off if I was sent to jail for tax evasion. I would have a nice warm cell and three meals a day and lots of time to read all the books I keep meaning to read if I had time.
    I think we may get a few more people trying us out, The Other side is making selling on line very hard work and unless you are a careful seller you could come a cropper with so many pitfalls in their rules.

Please don't abandon selling here. Don't let others get you upset. many who shout loudest on the forums have been and gone. Those friendly ,pleasant souls are still here ...
    YOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO! Cornish maid & Co . Dodgy knees and a grim year last year won't stop me from annoying the Carp out of everyone round the KT again
    I know you

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello redmerlin!

If all the hot air expended telling eBid to pay for TV advertising were diverted to telling people about eBid, we might well not need TV ads!

The black economy almost certainly does not save money on benefits - such people claim as well.

I am not talking about legitimate tax avoidance as described by James1968. That's not the black economy.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Newbie
    Colmonell, South Ayrshire, United Kingdom
    View the_lady_laird's Feedback (+116)
    All-About the_lady_laird
    View the_lady_laird's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good Grief, what did I start?!
    For the AYRAB crowd? Personally, I'm not a business, lol
    The 100 x 99p listings on TOS were of no interest to me, because of the personal items I sell.
    I do feel for the people on eBay who sold small items and they're going to be in an almost impossible situation with the new changes coming in, especially the 35p/item insertion costs. I do believe a number of people (who frequent the Forums there), will give eBid a try.
    My idea, coming here, was/is, for every new (to me) item I've bought, I make the effort to sell 2 items, but so far I haven't kept to that target.
    I do believe I am a clothes-a-holic!
    I listed quite a lot of items on here, and my other passion, DVDs, It seemed there were quite a number of people looking, but on this site I don't know what the definition of an interested "Watcher" is, or how to differentiate between a passing viewer and a Watcher. I'd be grateful if someone could enlighten me please?
    I have managed to sell nothing on eBid, so far. All my listings are down at present, as I'm taking a holiday break. My level of enthusiasm for selling anything is at an all time low.
    I will find the new 20 listings/month on eBay useful, because of the opportunity to make expensive listings at no insertion fee cost, and because the foot-fall over there may bring some sales when the change-over comes, but I am surprised that more advances aren't made over here, from eBay's steady progress to expel small private sellers by inflicting a death of a thousand cuts on them.
    The Forums over there are full of highly indignant sellers, Seems someone starts another new thread on the latest eBay insult to Sellers every second or third Post.
    The repercussions from the cut-backs in 99p listings and the new rules coming in through summer into Autumn, mean other sites can only benefit.
    I do hope eBid is one of them!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lady Laird, watchers are invisible on this site - I pretty much ignore the views as well - many are webcrawlers.

Footfall is the big issue but it is getting better here, really it is. The number of listings makes holding buyers difficult - many searches just don't yield anything much and, for myself, I find that the same listings turn up each time I do the search because we still need many more sellers.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information