My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Listing Removal - Not Violating Any Policies

Exclamation Listing Removal - Not Violating Any Policies

I am a bit confused. I am a new seller and, so far, the process seems pretty straight-forward. However, one of my listings has been removed twice with no warning and no notification. Long story short, my fiancee and I purchased a pair of toddler UGG Australia boots from 6pm.com. We have all of the authentication documentation. I even provided photos with all the documentation so people feel confident they are buying authentic UGG boots.

The first time the listing was removed, I was 95% sure I had listed the boots. The uploaded photos were still in my stored gallery. I checked my email but there was no email from eBid stating this listing violated some policy. I relisted the boots just a couple of hours ago and now the listing is gone again...no notice, no email, no nothing...

I see several other UGG boots available for sale; some are for sale from people with zero feedbacks. What can I do to prevent this from happening again or worse? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

View mcc1146's Feedback (+226)
    All-About mcc1146
    View mcc1146's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Listing Removal - Not Violating Any Policies

Quote Originally Posted by GiftCardsRUs View Post
    I am a bit confused. I am a new seller and, so far, the process seems pretty straight-forward. However, one of my listings has been removed twice with no warning and no notification. Long story short, my fiancee and I purchased a pair of toddler UGG Australia boots from 6pm.com. We have all of the authentication documentation. I even provided photos with all the documentation so people feel confident they are buying authentic UGG boots.

The first time the listing was removed, I was 95% sure I had listed the boots. The uploaded photos were still in my stored gallery. I checked my email but there was no email from eBid stating this listing violated some policy. I relisted the boots just a couple of hours ago and now the listing is gone again...no notice, no email, no nothing...

I see several other UGG boots available for sale; some are for sale from people with zero feedbacks. What can I do to prevent this from happening again or worse? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
    Hello,
    I am sorry you are having problems. I can't provide a solid answer for you except to advise you that you can:

Check your spam folder, in your email, to see if the mailings are there.

Check your eBid email default settings to check on what specific emails you want to receive and change as you prefer. This will not help now- but might in the future.

Then contact eBid directly (as you have already posted on the forums) as this is a question best answered by them IMO. They are currently in the office (UK time).
    Last edited by mcc1146; 11th April 2014 at 12:32 PM.

Thanks. I just sent an email. Hopefully I should have a response soon. I will update this thread with any new information.

With regards to your listing of UGG Boots it could be the simple explanation of the makers off UGG filing a complaint with the guys at eBid to do with infringement of the goods. i.e. UGG only allow certain outlets to sell their items and with many fakes off UGG around it could very well be that they asked eBid not to allow them on their site.

Also did you click the Preview Auction Now or the Save for Later button
    Last edited by craig7501; 11th April 2014 at 01:13 PM.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    With regards to your listing of UGG Boots it could be the simple explanation of the makers off UGG filing a complaint with the guys at eBid to do with infringement of the goods. i.e. UGG only allow certain outlets to sell their items and with many fakes off UGG around it could very well be that they asked eBid not to allow them on their site
    That's what I thought at first but then I saw multiple other listings...

http://tinyurl.com/lre464g

If that were the case, all of these listings should be removed.

...it appears both listings are visible now. Still never received a message as to why but thank you ebid Admins. I appreciate the fast turn-around. I will delete one of the listings now.

For those who care, eBid advised me that my listing was removed in error. I did have to send them a copy (photo) of the authentication certificate. In any regard, it appears there is no issue with listing higher end products as long as you can validate they are authentic. No need for further updates so I am going to close this thread. Thanks to those who responded.

Thread Information