eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seller refuses to sell the item that I won, what to do?

Forum Newbie
    All-About simaxe
    View simaxe's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Seller refuses to sell the item that I won, what to do?

"Thank you for your email.

Please leave the appropriate feedback for the seller."
    I received this from support team.
    I think this is all I can do

Forum Newbie
    All-About simaxe
    View simaxe's Listings
    Forum Posts

I also realize that I am not the first victim. 2 negatives feedback on the row, this seller should be ban.

Just remember if they leave you negative comment, contact support again & asked to have it removed since it is unwarranted & be sure to add the seller to your blackball list or they can leave negative comment again.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rokins_toys View Post
    They just want to back out of the sale because they didn't get for the item what they were hoping to get for it. They should have listed it for a buy it now price they are happy with, which by the looks of the seller would be higher than retail anyway. If they want a higher volume of bids for an auction they should have done the auction on FeeBay where morons over there will gladly pay way over retail price for things...
    This has been the biggest mystery of all concerning sales levels and activity on eBid. Is there any explanation why someone would be willing to squander money in one location but not another? This suggests that attitudes and behaviors play an important role in buyer actions.

This is particularly perplexing when you take into account that relatively large numbers of bay users (buyers/sellers) come here. They behave one way here (seeming reluctance to buy), and possibly behave a different way in their behavior on the other side.

I'm a former refuge, and when I was there I was buyer and seller; same as here on eBid, a buyer and a seller. I like auctions, low start, no reserve, from buyers that intend to honor the winning bid(s). I usually do my bin buys locally at brick & mortars, unless It is something I need, and can get for way below retail. As a buyer I always look for the best deals before and now. So that is why I like bidding wars; this usually results in a great deal.

P.S. If you desire to see bidding wars here, step into any YDC monthly listings. This is the charity auctions that eBid members participate in. I am also a participant in YDC fund raising. So bidding wars can happen on eBid. A matter of choice, attitudes, behaviors, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rokins_toys View Post
    . It happens everywhere though. .
    Honestly it has only happened to me here and its happened many times (about 8 times)

Quote Originally Posted by bringinitback4less View Post
    Honestly it has only happened to me here and its happened many times (about 8 times)
    It has only happened to me on TOS, and worse, I was paying as the seller was cancelling the sale, although she immediately refunded the money to me, paypal still held on to it for over a week before they put it back in my account.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

It has happened to me on both sides. The most comical incident happened with a seller on the other side who told me point blank........"you are not getting my beautiful coin for that amount." I calmly wrote to the seller, asking them was their good name, credibility, etc. worth being damaged over this?" The seller responded, "You are right, I'm packing it now with tears spilling into my beer." That was so touching, and the coin was a beauty. Almost felt like returning it to him.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

There's nothing worse trhan a bad loser!

eBid has removed the seller's listings & there is now a line through his username.

Thread Information