Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: HOLY thread resurrection Batman

Quote Originally Posted by tonyreddevil View Post
    i'm for a small amount of advertising.
    Most are in favor of advertising. Although advertising is somewhat of a gamble, if done properly it would netincreased revenue via more sales and more FVFs to eBid.

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    From what I have experience/observed in the forums since becoming an eBid member is it's not the same members always starting an advertising thread. Yes recently one member has started several polls but delete and start new because some just can't comply with a request not to post and just vote on the poll. Even though their opinion is clearly part of the poll they just can't be bothered clicking on it, instead have to make a dig at the OP.
    Near as I can tell the members who would prefer eBid to advertise outweigh those who do not.
    Of course it is ebids decision as to how to spend their money and which changes to take on board. I'm pretty sure everyone realizes that.
    I'm not sure why some folks here are so afraid of the growth marketing might bring but it's getting rather silly viewing the "against advertising" responses.
    I agree, surely it's better to have more chance to sell MORE items to a wider customer base that the limited one we have now. i have not had one question on mine let alone a sale. it's a ridiculous way of thinking, how can any right minded business be so scared of growth

Thats what has been put forward, small start then build up
    Hi Guys, Please come and take a look at my items for sale.
    Check out the Baconbuttyman departments store..CLICK HERE

Check out the Baconbuttyman laptop, computer & Parts Store
    Many thanks Mick

Most are in favor of advertising. Although advertising is somewhat of a gamble, if done properly it would netincreased revenue via more sales and more FVFs to eBid.
    OK, apparently we can't all agree to differ and move on, so this thread will rumble on. Advertising is indeed somewhat of a gamble. Gamblers can win, they can also go bankrupt. We have no idea how ebid view this gamble, though the link I gave earlier indicates that a significant spend on advertising, sufficient to make a dent, wouldn't be an easily affordable decision.

There's one kind of advertising that is very effective, and doesn't cost any marketing budget. It's the kind that arises through articles in magazines, letters to editors (editors rarely have enough of them, on occasion when I've written and marked it "not for publication" I've been phoned by the editor asking me to change my mind!). And there are loads of other ways that can make a difference. They're things that any of us can do, positive steps, instead of whining.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    OK, apparently we can't all agree to differ and move on, so this thread will rumble on. Advertising is indeed somewhat of a gamble. Gamblers can win, they can also go bankrupt. We have no idea how ebid view this gamble, though the link I gave earlier indicates that a significant spend on advertising, sufficient to make a dent, wouldn't be an easily affordable decision.

There's one kind of advertising that is very effective, and doesn't cost any marketing budget. It's the kind that arises through articles in magazines, letters to editors (editors rarely have enough of them, on occasion when I've written and marked it "not for publication" I've been phoned by the editor asking me to change my mind!). And there are loads of other ways that can make a difference. They're things that any of us can do, positive steps, instead of whining.
    Loads of ways to make a difference. I wish when these threads come out folks would stop assuming advertising means millions of dollars.
    If folks come up with suggestions as you just have then maybe a marketing strategy will become more of a reality than a who's right who's wrong scenario.
    If a member's marketing idea is using social sites then say so. If TV advertising is felt to be too much of a gamble and too expensive suggest an alternate.
    Me, I like the side of Bus ads.

From what I have experience/observed in the forums since becoming an eBid member is it's not the same members always starting an advertising thread. Yes recently one member has started several polls but delete and start new because some just can't comply with a request not to post and just vote on the poll. Even though their opinion is clearly part of the poll they just can't be bothered clicking on it, instead have to make a dig at the OP.
    Near as I can tell the members who would prefer eBid to advertise outweigh those who do not.
    Of course it is ebids decision as to how to spend their money and which changes to take on board. I'm pretty sure everyone realizes that.
    I'm not sure why some folks here are so afraid of the growth marketing might bring but it's getting rather silly viewing the "against advertising" responses.
    Loads of ways to make a difference. I wish when these threads come out folks would stop assuming advertising means millions of dollars.
    If folks come up with suggestions as you just have then maybe a marketing strategy will become more of a reality than a who's right who's wrong scenario.
    If a member's marketing idea is using social sites then say so. If TV advertising is felt to be too much of a gamble and too expensive suggest an alternate.
    Thats a great idea, adds on busses
    social media if "ok" but unless you add people arbitrarily it's very slow, I have just got onto twitter, so far i am following nearl;y 600 twitterers, my views are going up, so lets see how that works out
    Hi Guys, Please come and take a look at my items for sale.
    Check out the Baconbuttyman departments store..CLICK HERE

Check out the Baconbuttyman laptop, computer & Parts Store
    Many thanks Mick

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Following on with the transport suggestion, if ON busses proves to be too expensive another possibility is bus tickets; non bus users may scoff but those of us that use them have all seen folks looking around for abandoned tickets. The reason? It is that they want to eat cheaply at the golden arches.

Okay it may not happen for a lesser known internet buying venue, but it shows that people DO look at the tickets.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Please quote prices for an example side of bus campaign.

Likewise BBMan, prices please for adverts on tickets.

Afterwards we can look at incremental business you project from your proposed campaigns, but some hard figures on costs will do for starters.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Afterwards we can look at incremental business you project from your proposed campaigns, but some hard figures on costs will do for starters.
    Projected business, some and or more than currently. Cost? 6.5% of bottom line.
    Not even good sarcasm!

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Projected business, some and or more than currently. Cost? 6.5% of bottom line.
    Not even good sarcasm!
    Then again, it just might depend on how many buses in how many countries. A projection is difficult due to not knowing how many buses and how many countries.
    Obviously you are in the know so maybe you can share the revenue available for marketing.
    Blow smoke elsewhere please.

I haven't put anything forward, just agreeing it's a good idea

Thread Information