Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to respond to ebay shambles

Default How to respond to ebay shambles

I'm sure ebid management are fully aware of the ebay shambles taking place right now and that sellers have began to start listing on ebid. the question now is how will ebid respond to this?

We need variants added to our options and any other necessary changes because any buyers coming from ebay will be used to them and if they are not here they will simply go elsewhere just as the people I have recommended ebid to have. Ebid has a one-off opportunity to take a giant leap by doing the things they know need to be done. But they must be done very quickly if it is to capture a reasonable slice of the market that ebay will lose. Ebid has potential to grow and here is it's opportunity if it grasps it.

Default Re: How to respond to ebay shambles

Quote Originally Posted by Dressing2Impress View Post
    I'm sure ebid management are fully aware of the ebay shambles taking place right now and that sellers have began to start listing on ebid. the question now is how will ebid respond to this?

We need variants added to our options and any other necessary changes because any buyers coming from ebay will be used to them and if they are not here they will simply go elsewhere just as the people I have recommended ebid to have. Ebid has a one-off opportunity to take a giant leap by doing the things they know need to be done. But they must be done very quickly if it is to capture a reasonable slice of the market that ebay will lose. Ebid has potential to grow and here is it's opportunity if it grasps it.
    You could be right, as so many before you

I've been a member here since 2002 & over the years, i've seen many, many suggestions as to what eBid 'should' be doing (every single time the other side mess up) but after all this time, they're still going & manage to make any changes they want to make.

Surely it's up to eBid to decide what 'what must be done', just like they've been doing since they started.

Suggestions are great & even welcome but telling them how they should be running their own show is maybe not the way to go

Just saying

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

How will eBid respond? I would imagine the same as they have every time ebay has been in shambles.

Sellers will come, expect the same but cheaper then eventually leave. Some will stay most will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Anichka54 View Post
    You could be right, as so many before you

I've been a member here since 2002 & over the years, i've seen many, many suggestions as to what eBid 'should' be doing (every single time the other side mess up) but after all this time, they're still going & manage to make any changes they want to make.

Surely it's up to eBid to decide what 'what must be done', just like they've been doing since they started.

Suggestions are great & even welcome but telling them how they should be running their own show is maybe not the way to go

Just saying
    They say they want ideas from us so I think it is the way to go after all its us who are trying to make a profit from this site and if they don't do something to keep any new buyers attention on this site then ebid will lose a huge opportunity. Anyway, if something affects me I'm not the type to shut up and hope for the best i have to say my piece. I think that if everyone spoke up more we would all be better off, of course it must be done in the right way and not be forceful or offensive but we should all speak up about things.

They say they want ideas from us so I think it is the way to go after all its us who are trying to make a profit from this site and if they don't do something to keep any new buyers attention on this site then ebid will lose a huge opportunity. Anyway, if something affects me I'm not the type to shut up and hope for the best i have to say my piece. I think that if everyone spoke up more we would all be better off, of course it must be done in the right way and not be forceful or offensive but we should all speak up about things.
    My point exactly

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Forum Newbie
    View jakeboy1957's Feedback (+3635)
    All-About jakeboy1957
    View jakeboy1957's Listings
    Forum Posts

What exactly are the shambles that you speak of? And what is the point of more sellers if the buyers from ebay are not coming here? It is not like the buyers know that ebay makes it harder on sellers or even care really. They want the item they are looking for and they want a guarantee that they will get it or get their money back. That is what the 2 "giants" offer even if the seller gets burned because of this.

eBid must not be too hard to figure out because most of my buyers are first time buyers and in sort of following them they seem to find other things they want on here. I came over about 4 years ago and as a senior with very poor computer skills I have managed to figure things out.

Having said that I wanted to order something the other day from Penny's. They don't make things easy on their site.

Why did you come here and expect eBid to be a clone of Feebay? Feebay's not that easy to work with anymore from either side of the coin. I don't want changes being made that complicate what we have. I have seen many changes made here and most of them seem to made in a thoughtful and careful way.

Making suggestions is fine, that is what the Forums are for. Your post seems more like a command.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nothing wrong with command kinda-demand... I'd rather see that everyone speaks there auction mind here rather than the constant cheerleading. Cheerleading will never never help a site. It is very easy to spot a dull public online auction site.

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    Nothing wrong with command kinda-demand... I'd rather see that everyone speaks there auction mind here rather than the constant cheerleading. Cheerleading will never never help a site. It is very easy to spot a dull public online auction site.
    Its hardly dull here on eBid. A steady flow of buyers and sales is all I ask and that's what I get. This thread seems very negative.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bunsock View Post
    Its hardly dull here on eBid. A steady flow of buyers and sales is all I ask and that's what I get. This thread seems very negative.
    The thread wasn't meant to be negative.
    You are doing well here on eBid. I would take a guess and say you realized how to make eBid work for you and the items you sell.
    Over the years whenever sellers have a falling out at ebay then ebid's gets an influx of sellers who come, list then leave. It appear most expect the same list and sell results they had experienced in the past and never think they may need to change the way they do things.
    I believe this thread is important. Not so much has to get the sellers here as they are coming and they are coming now!
    How can eBid get them to stay? I believe the success stories here in the forums are real and I believe the site can be built by doing the same things ebidders have been doing for 15 years but the eBidders who do come over need to remain ebidder.
    How do the newcomers realize what they need to do to be successful here? Someone needs to explain it and we can't count on them to read all the FAQs or come to the forms. Most won't/ don't. Most feel they have had success elsewhere what more can be learne

Thread Information