Forum Lurker
    Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    View RetailOnline's Feedback (+20)
    All-About RetailOnline
    View RetailOnline's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Feedback stars on eBid

Hi,

I am new to this forum thing and was thinking that eBid should have feedback stars as like the other marketplace as this could bring alot of sellers and buyers from there to ebid and it also makes your feedback page look a bit more colorful.

MegaBargains

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Feedback stars on eBid

Quote Originally Posted by MegaBargains View Post
    Hi,

I am new to this forum thing and was thinking that eBid should have feedback stars as like the other marketplace as this could bring alot of sellers and buyers from there to ebid and it also makes your feedback page look a bit more colorful.

MegaBargains
    Are you 'aving a laugh? No, no, no we DON'T want DSR's - that's what we're trying to escape from!

Forum Lurker
    Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    View RetailOnline's Feedback (+20)
    All-About RetailOnline
    View RetailOnline's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post
    Are you 'aving a laugh? No, no, no we DON'T want DSR's - that's what we're trying to escape from!
    Hi,

I don't mean DSR's i mean the different color stars next to your feedback rating. For example 3000(Red star)

MegaBargains

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MegaBargains View Post
    Hi,

I don't mean DSR's i mean the different color stars next to your feedback rating. For example 3000(Red star)
    I agree with Olivia - absolutely nothing is wanted IMO which is similar to "over there".

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

I understand the wish to pick the best from other sites - seems logical to make this site the best.

BUT. Anything which makes it even look like TOS is repugnant to many sellers, regardless of the apparent advantages. Many of us escaped from their clutches, and do not want to be reminded.

I think most sellers do not want eBid to be eBay-lite, but a distinctly different place.

Most buyers would also not want some of the practices fostered on eBay either, if they knew about them and their effects. If they thought about it, they would realise that the eBay regime reduces choice, increases prices, and promotes practices which are not very wholesome.

So don't be surprised if eBay cloning suggestions don't meet with overwhelming support.
    Welcome to the site and the forum, and good luck.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

One of the many good things about eBid is that they don't set one user above another. A user that has had 10 transactions and received feedback for such is deemed to be of equal worth as one who has had 5000 transactions. While feedback is shown so that other users can make an evaluation, eBid treats all users the same.

While the little coloured stars may seem like a small thing, it is the thin end of the wedge of eBid indicating that one user is valued by them more than another. That's not a road I would wish to see them start to head down.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    One of the many good things about eBid is that they don't set one user above another. A user that has had 10 transactions and received feedback for such is deemed to be of equal worth as one who has had 5000 transactions. While feedback is shown so that other users can make an evaluation, eBid treats all users the same.

While the little coloured stars may seem like a small thing, it is the thin end of the wedge of eBid indicating that one user is valued by them more than another. That's not a road I would wish to see them start to head down.
    Very well stated and my sentiments as well.

Forum Newbie
    View woody1953's Feedback (+4068)
    All-About woody1953
    View woody1953's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Re: Feedback stars on eBid

Would be nice to have feedback.. I bought 2 books and left feedback earlier in the week. But have not had any returned.. I have sent an feedback request... Was looking forward to getting going, as I have 14.000+ on another site but seem unable to bring them over..

=squern;1601478]I understand the wish to pick the best from other sites - seems logical to make this site the best.

BUT. Anything which makes it even look like TOS is repugnant to many sellers, regardless of the apparent advantages. Many of us escaped from their clutches, and do not want to be reminded.

I think most sellers do not want eBid to be eBay-lite, but a distinctly different place.

Most buyers would also not want some of the practices fostered on eBay either, if they knew about them and their effects. If they thought about it, they would realise that the eBay regime reduces choice, increases prices, and promotes practices which are not very wholesome.

So don't be surprised if eBay cloning suggestions don't meet with overwhelming support.
    Welcome to the site and the forum, and good luck.[/QUOTE]

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woody1953 View Post
    Would be nice to have feedback.. I bought 2 books and left feedback earlier in the week. But have not had any returned.. I have sent an feedback request... Was looking forward to getting going, as I have 14.000+ on another site but seem unable to bring them over..
    I know it's frustrating when you don't receive feedback from a seller especially as your seller was active today and could have sorted it out.
    Most Recent Activity
    Sat 26 Apr 2014 09:33 (BST)

I also have a seller who didn't leave feedback and what is more galling is that he states on his About Me page that he ALWAYS leaves feedback!

Maybe we should send emails rather than the automated request.

Forum Newbie
    View woody1953's Feedback (+4068)
    All-About woody1953
    View woody1953's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, thanks. Perhaps I will...

Thread Information