Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Seller joined the Ebay Exodus

Smile New Seller joined the Ebay Exodus

Hi All, just like to introduce myself to Ebid forums.
    I am Lynda (Only Top Labels on Ebay) and sell quality second hand clothes for men and women, designer and top brand names all nicely washed, freshened and pressed, ready for wear.
    I have just imported all my Ebay listings here so please have a look.
    They have imported over easily but I am having to go through each one and tweak it here and there, and add it into my 2 stores so it may be a while before the stores are fully populated.
    Unfortunately for me, because I had a free postage option set on Ebay (though not my default postage so 9 out of 10 buyers do not take this up) they are all listed as Free postage being the default here so I am gradually going through each listing and changing to paid postage but reducing price by a couple of pounds.
    All help and advice is and will be much appreciated as I learn the ropes here and get to grips with things and then promote the b**t out of Ebid everywhere I possibly can!
    Thanks and best of luck to everybody!

Default Re: New Seller joined the Ebay Exodus

hi and welcome to eBid
    One thing i have found is that eBid is not and never will be able to compete with ebay, i have learnt that i have to go out and get the footfall through my store, I currently have about 250 auctions on the go, NOT ONE SALE in months, i have followed every ones advice, used key words on my titles, max photo's and good descriptions, i dont know if i will ever make a sale on here, i hope i do, but i have notice that a lot of sellers who do complain about 0 sales, dont buy off here them selves, i my self have started to purchase off here if i need some thing and it's available, Ebid works for a few not all
    Hi Guys, Please come and take a look at my items for sale.
    Check out the Baconbuttyman departments store..CLICK HERE

Check out the Baconbuttyman laptop, computer & Parts Store
    Many thanks Mick

Newcastle Emlyn, Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom
    View tripledragon's Feedback (+12)
    All-About tripledragon
    View tripledragon's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Lynda,

Big hello from me, I would recognise that picture of Lancashire's six pack on your signature anywhere :-)

Here's hoping that you do well over here on ebid, I am on a wind down before the holiday at the moment but when I get back on the 13th going to be doing some serious listing and promoting.

Catch up with you soon.

Anne x

P.s. to Bacon Butty, you are right in all you say above, but I think you will find that the latest wave of eBay sellers who are testing the ebid waters are aware that we need to promote and cannot just waltz in and expect the sales to follow, but, I think you will find many of us are more than happy to put the work into promoting, not just our own items, but those of our fellow sellers. Good luck to you too for your sales. Anne :-)

View lakeleilani's Feedback (+434)
    All-About lakeleilani
    View lakeleilani's Listings
    Forum Posts

You have some really nice items, Lynda. Don't forget to post them on Pinterest and the other other social media sites. I have been with eBid about 8 months, and I have made some sales - especially around Christmas.
    http://lake-leilani.ebid.net Fair Trade Clothes and accessories with a boho twist. For men, women and children.
    http://lake-leilani-occasions.ebid.net Handcrafted Cards and Fair Trade Gift Wrap.
    http://lake-leilani-gifts.ebid.net Fair Trade and Handcrafted gifts, incense and homeware.

Hey topdesignerlabels, I recognise you from the help each others business thread over on ebay (Divine-pets Over on ebay). It would be nice to see more people from ebay who complain on the forums daily come over to ebid and give it a try.

If all the small business that are not happy with ebay do come over hopefully the buyers will follow and ebid can finally start to grow.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to eBid. It is really good to see so many eBay sellers landing over here. Seems to be a daily event. Would love to hear some buyers come in and report that they came over here due to the "seller exodus".

There was a good thread running on TOS about eBid, Prescott had put two good posts on there but, for some reason, it was deleted yesterday. Cant think why that would have been !!

Quote Originally Posted by tripledragon View Post
    Hi Lynda,

Big hello from me, I would recognise that picture of Lancashire's six pack on your signature anywhere :-)

Here's hoping that you do well over here on ebid, I am on a wind down before the holiday at the moment but when I get back on the 13th going to be doing some serious listing and promoting.

Catch up with you soon.

Anne x

P.s. to Bacon Butty, you are right in all you say above, but I think you will find that the latest wave of eBay sellers who are testing the ebid waters are aware that we need to promote and cannot just waltz in and expect the sales to follow, but, I think you will find many of us are more than happy to put the work into promoting, not just our own items, but those of our fellow sellers. Good luck to you too for your sales. Anne :-)
    I dont think they are, the platform of ebid is not what it use to be, where this is more of a self promote market place now, it use to be an auction site that was supposed to rival ebay in it's future
    Hi Guys, Please come and take a look at my items for sale.
    Check out the Baconbuttyman departments store..CLICK HERE

Check out the Baconbuttyman laptop, computer & Parts Store
    Many thanks Mick

Great to see some new faces in the forums and trying out ebid. With a bit of patience and time put into listings you will get sales.

Good luck to you all, also why not get involved with the monthly YDC charity auctions, just put up one or two items for sale in the auction and help out a good cause. For more info take a look at the charity forums where you will find all you need to know.

Thread Information