Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new buyers joining failing again

Default new buyers joining failing again

this is around the 3rd-4th time this has happened , something needs to be done to make joining easier ????

we are driving people in only to hit an hurdle from the outset , this is an email i recieved today , ive recieved similar in the past a few last year .

----------------------------------------------------------------------

HI ***** , I found the pictures on ebid but I am not going to join because this is going to cost me £50 so I do want the wheels ( + chain & sprocket please) just need to find a way of paying you, any ideas.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

im going to have to give up on the ebid dream soon , this is fifth year running ive tried to push it but this barrier is like hitting your head against a brick wall .

i hit this same brick wall 5 years ago , i paid the £50 as i wanted to sell , but how many thousands of buyers have skipped

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????/

you may of cost me a sale today , and lost a buyer !
    Last edited by aep2008123; 20th May 2014 at 05:17 PM.
    every man is the architect of his own fortune.

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?typ...orcycle-spares

Forum Lurker
    View titanicmom4's Feedback (+51)
    All-About titanicmom4
    View titanicmom4's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: new buyers joining failing again

did you email the buyer explaining that it does NOT cost $50 to join ebid as a buyer. Joining ebid is free, the $50 charge is if you want to pay for lifetime seller + and I will assume all he/she wanted was to buy your item then they would not need to pay it.

I do agree however that you should not have to join ebid (or any other site for that matter) if you are only interested in clicking on and buying something. People are so spur of the moment and want things now, that to interrupt their buying process and spending mindset to have them join up is a deterrent and may not only cost your sale but any other sale that may have been made afterward if they were still in a spending mood and browsed around to see what else ebid had to offer.

yes i explained that joining ebid if free BUT it should be made obvious remove any mention of Fees untill they attempt to sell something .

i explained its free and ive offered Ppal direct payment , gotta protect my sale first ,

i just bought something off amazon first time and the set up process was simple no mention of fees just a smooth joining and first payment process .

ive told freinds to join ebid before and many of them have hit this £50 fee barrier and balked .

i dont think its worth all this effort trying to direct traffic here tbh , i gotta think of a plan b .

Forum Newbie
    View mb300e4m's Feedback (+545)
    All-About mb300e4m
    View mb300e4m's Listings
    Forum Posts

I read your comments, but without explanations such as "why" and "what happened" etc to drive the comments, they make no real sense. Just my two penneth.

Quote Originally Posted by aep2008123 View Post
    this is around the 3rd-4th time this has happened , something needs to be done to make joining easier ????

we are driving people in only to hit an hurdle from the outset , this is an email i recieved today , ive recieved similar in the past a few last year .

----------------------------------------------------------------------

HI ***** , I found the pictures on ebid but I am not going to join because this is going to cost me £50 so I do want the wheels ( + chain & sprocket please) just need to find a way of paying you, any ideas.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

im going to have to give up on the ebid dream soon , this is fifth year running ive tried to push it but this barrier is like hitting your head against a brick wall .

i hit this same brick wall 5 years ago , i paid the £50 as i wanted to sell , but how many thousands of buyers have skipped

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????/

you may of cost me a sale today , and lost a buyer !
    Last edited by mb300e4m; 20th May 2014 at 05:44 PM.

i dont know why does it matter a buyer failed to join as he hit a fee barrier , buyer lost .

Forum Newbie
    All-About mb300e4m
    View mb300e4m's Listings
    Forum Posts

Tell us what fee barrier did he hit? Joining is FREE for basic membership. One can list "for sale" too for free. At least I could until I chose to upgrade my account and I knowingly and willingly paid without complaint or regret.

Quote Originally Posted by aep2008123 View Post
    i dont know why does it matter a buyer failed to join as he hit a fee barrier , buyer lost .
    Last edited by mb300e4m; 20th May 2014 at 05:48 PM. Reason: typo

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Would be interesting to know at what exact point the confusion arose, we can take a look at that then.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Newbie
    All-About mb300e4m
    View mb300e4m's Listings
    Forum Posts

My point exactly. If we don't know the cause, we can't fix it to stop it happening again. It's just a plain old fashioned corrective action process. 1) Review the facts. 2) do a causal analysis. 3) Develop corrective action. 4) Implement corrective action. 5) Monitor the results.

Pretty basic stuff, yes?

Best regards from Sunny Florida.

Peter B.

yes basic stuff , but im not going to interrogate my potential buyers .

ive seen this issue mentioned before , ive had customers complain before about it and there has been at least one thread on this subject in the forums .

-------------------------------------------

now i just got my girlfreind to open an account , and it went though easy .

the only thing i can see that might of caused this is directly after she entered details it goes to an upgrade your account page , at the
    top of the page , it tells you - Account Created. Check inbox & our offer below.

the offer then gives 2 options £49 with paypal £49 with visa .

this must be where the confusion is people or a few people are not aware at this point they have created an account and are able to buy perhaps they are seeing the 2 £49 options and not reading the text , perhaps you should have a screen prior to the offer suggesting account now opened in large letters .

i mean i must admit its a pretty simple process to join , but at the same time this has happened to often to me now to not be a concern .

so in short its seems some people are confused at the upgrade page they must think they have to pay the fee ,
    when infact there buyer account is already open .

Thread Information