Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some People Don't help Themselves

Default Some People Don't help Themselves

Just been looking to buy something on eBid and found a seller with the item I wanted - checked out the auction then the seller - seller's a new member of 6 weeks, no information about themselves whatsoever; terms, conditions, avatar - nothing.... few items listed on a run until sold listing and the seller hasn't logged in for about a month..... Probably nothing wrong with this seller at all, but all the vibes tell me I don't want to buy here....

It doesn't take long to fill in some basic information and let any potential customer know who you are and not feel too cautious about doing business with you, so why don't people do it.... finding a potential customer is hard enough as it is.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Some People Don't help Themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Fleetmark View Post
    Just been looking to buy something on eBid and found a seller with the item I wanted - checked out the auction then the seller - seller's a new member of 6 weeks, no information about themselves whatsoever; terms, conditions, avatar - nothing.... few items listed on a run until sold listing and the seller hasn't logged in for about a month..... Probably nothing wrong with this seller at all, but all the vibes tell me I don't want to buy here....

It doesn't take long to fill in some basic information and let any potential customer know who you are and not feel too cautious about doing business with you, so why don't people do it.... finding a potential customer is hard enough as it is.
    Unfortunately sellers coming from the other side don'trealize they need to do that. They are uused to just listing an item and wait.

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

Which is exactly why, we should not be telling sellers, to leave their listings up, once they decide to leave.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyrose54 View Post
    Which is exactly why, we should not be telling sellers, to leave their listings up, once they decide to leave.
    I think you are confusing two different problems.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    I think you are confusing two different problems.
    I know I am not.

View lakeleilani's Feedback (+434)
    All-About lakeleilani
    View lakeleilani's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps you could send them a message asking whether they are still an active seller, as you'd like to buy one of their items. If they don't reply within a few days, you can guess that they are not an active seller.
    http://lake-leilani.ebid.net Fair Trade Clothes and accessories with a boho twist. For men, women and children.
    http://lake-leilani-occasions.ebid.net Handcrafted Cards and Fair Trade Gift Wrap.
    http://lake-leilani-gifts.ebid.net Fair Trade and Handcrafted gifts, incense and homeware.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

When I come across this type of situation, I try to think of a question to ask the seller and wait for a response. If none within 48 hours, then I move on elsewhere on eBid.

Indeed, that's what I have done...

I don't think I have any info added (Except pics obvs), how does my seem from a neutral POV?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryfeedback87 View Post
    I don't think I have any info added (Except pics obvs), how does my seem from a neutral POV?
    I always like to see at least something on the About Me page - if only to get rid of the stock text about there being nothing there.

I do look at About Me pages, particularly of sellers I am going to be using for the first time. Something there adds one more tick to the confidence checklist and could tip the balance in buying from that seller or not

Thread Information