Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What I find confusing about ebid.

Forum Lurker
    View baandbr2010's Feedback (+261)
    All-About baandbr2010
    View baandbr2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default What I find confusing about ebid.

Hello. I have been selling on the other site for some time and only a few years on ebid. Am trying to escape from the other site so I have recently opened a store on ebid and I am finding it very confusing. When I list an item it not only comes up in my store but also in the ordinary listing that I have on ebid, surely this does not mean that I am listing the same item twice? Sorry to sound so confused but that is exactly what I am, as an 'oldie' it does take me some time (and help) to sort out this 'puter' thing. By the way I never had a store on the other site as I only sell what I have hoarded or from clearing out my parents/grandparents home. Another question - I have emailed all my 'craft interested' folk who bought from me on the other site to follow me to the new site, some say they are finding it difficult to find my shop? Why is this? Why is ebid so much more difficult to navigate than the other site, or is it just me being totally ignorant and confused and such an 'oldie' that I am just not with all this new technology - polite responses please and in plain non-computer talk, I am frail! Babs. PS and FGS what is a tag?

Default Re: What I find confusing about ebid.

Think of the eBid site as a large shopping centre - within the shopping centre you have your shop. So your listing appears only once but is visible if people come either directly into your shop or browse through eBid shopping centre because your shop is a part of the shopping centre.

When you contact your previous custom include a direct link to your shop: http://in-stitches.ebid.net

Ideally you want all your knitting pattern listings in your shop - at present there are 23 items in your shop, so 58 need moving.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

For your customers finding your store:

You could have included a direct link in your "messages" to them. In "my eBid" scroll down the page a little and on the left you have "my options". Click on "my eBid stores" and there will be a drop down box for "choose store to configure". Select the store and once the page loads, you will find the eBid store link which you can copy and paste into emails or into "signatures" etc. It is near the top on the first section.

Your direct store link is: http://in-stitches.ebid.net

If you sent your customers on the other side your eBid username then on your "about the seller" page they will find a box with your store's logo that they can use to direct them to the store of yours they wish to visit. Also referred to as "all about" page as well.

Are you getting confused between what is listed in your "store" when you visit your own store and the area for "listing I'm running"? Listings I'm running will contain everything you have listed regardless of what store you have placed it in, so if you have 2 or 3 stores, then everything will be listed under "Listings I'm Running". Nothing is listed twice though.

I can see you have a total of 81 listings running but it is stating only 23 auctions/listings in your actual store. So you have not assigned the other items to a store yet. In the first section on the listings themselves there is a drop down box to select a store for the listings to be added to as well as being able to select individual categories you also have for that particular store.

Not sure on the tag part as it has multiple meanings these days especially online, tagging people in pictures etc. But here on eBid I think "tag" refers to using "key words" for your store, like my store I use "Star Wars, Indiana Jones etc." So you should select key words associated with the items that you are selling in that particular store.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Forum Lurker
    All-About baandbr2010
    Forum Posts

Many thanks for your help. Silly me, did not think to include my store direct link so that was a great piece of advice. Regards, Babs.

Forum Lurker
    All-About baandbr2010
    Forum Posts

Thank you for your help, will now be sending out my store link. And yes, I can see what you mean about thinking of ebid as a shopping centre, sometimes I just need someone to point these things out to me. Regards, Babs.

Thread Information