Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I could kick myself...

In A Butterfly House, Essex, United Kingdom
    View emmily121's Feedback (+310)
    All-About emmily121
    View emmily121's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy I could kick myself...

I sold on item on TOS this afternoon that has been re-listed since before Christmas, great I thought, it's finally sold, and paid for immediately. So I think I've got time to dispatch it today, then the problem arises, It's not where I expect it to be, it's not a pin badge, I know where all the pin badges are, it's a new phone sock.

I put everything else I'm doing on hold and hunted for the missing phone sock. I've now looked in every place I can think of, and still can not find it, looks like I'll have to accept defeat and accept it's lost.

I'll have to apologise and refund the buyer on TOS and will very likely get a negative feedback and a defect...I'm gutted, I have plenty of senior moments but I've never lost an item I had listed before...in over 10 years it will be my first negative for something that was my fault...

Honest, reliable seller looking for honest, reliable buyers.

Emmily's Pin Badges
    New and used pin badges

NAWT Charity Store
    Take a minute to take a look

End of the Rainbow
    Will you find treasure at the end of the rainbow.
    Cuddly puppies and kittens now available.

YDC Charity Auctions

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I could kick myself...

When I list anything, I put a note in the listing about where it is.
    I use a code.
    Good idea?

Try not to be too negative. If you explain to the buyer, offer quick refund, apologise refuteably and simply ask them to please not leave negative feedback. I;m guessing it's not a big sum of money and MOST people are understanding, despite what many say about TOS :P

Ive sold items and then found damage when I go to package, and not had any problems or negatives

All-About tpypr
    View tpypr's Listings
    Forum Posts

What if, along with an apology, you offer to either (A) replace the lost item with an item, or group of items, of somewhat greater value or (B) refund their payment and offer them a future discount (my first thought would be 50%) on any one item that catches their eye? Taking either of these actions would show your customer that you are taking this incident seriously. This could also cause your customer to develop an appreciative attitude toward you that would actually increase your future dealings with them.

Telephone them.

Say that you will issue a full refund and that if the item is subsequently found you will send it free of charge, no matter whether it is found next week or in 6 months time.

In A Butterfly House, Essex, United Kingdom
    View emmily121's Feedback (+310)
    All-About emmily121
    View emmily121's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for your replies.

I won't do anything until the morning. I'm hoping when I go to bed and my brain relaxes I'll suddenly remember where I put the phone sock, have since discovered I also have a new key ring missing, ended that listing before that causes me more problems.

If I haven't found it, or remembered where it is by the morning, I'll apologise to buyer, refund and tell them I'm still looking and if/when I find I'll send it for free. The search continues tomorrow, it's somewhere in this house...

Honest, reliable seller looking for honest, reliable buyers.

Emmily's Pin Badges
    New and used pin badges

NAWT Charity Store
    Take a minute to take a look

End of the Rainbow
    Will you find treasure at the end of the rainbow.
    Cuddly puppies and kittens now available.

YDC Charity Auctions

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm afraid to say I do this regularly Even though every item is coded and should be easy to find they regularly seem to disappear. Sometimes helped along by my daughter or OH's carer who try to be helpful and "tidy up". I usually refund as soon as I realise I have lost it and send it free of charge when I find it.
    This is one reason why I gave up my online wesite and business. My brain fog is so bad these days I just couldn't keep up with the sales, returns paperwork etc.
    Most folk I find are understanding except one, who refused to believe I had lost it and thought I was trying to get out of a low priced sale, and left horrid feedback. I rarely list on OS anymore.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

That's something that I'm afraid of ... that a sold item will be misplaced, or misfiled, or relisted accidentally when I've actually given it away.

Hopefully you'll sleep on it and find it first thing in the morning.

I know exactly how you feel! After an item has been put away (in my case) for 6 months I sometimes have to really look to find it. I have a couple of items that have a habit of getting lost. Grrrrr!
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

I use clear storage boxes. When something goes in, I put a label on the side saying what it is, and the date.
    I know that's not a lot of help now, but after I did that myself on a few occasions, I bought the storage boxes.
    I bet it turns up today, just stop thinking about it, or where you think it should be, and hopefully it will come to hand.

Thread Information