eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buyers can be so annoying (and odd)

Default Buyers can be so annoying (and odd)

Recently sold 2 kids water bottles. The listing title is "1 x Contigo Avex Kids Pink 14oz Autospout BPA Free Spill Proof Water Bottle". In the description it clearly states "This listing is for 1 x Tutti fruiti Pink Water Bottle Which Will Be Split From The 3 Pack Shown". All nice and clear.

The buyer contacted me to state that I had only sent one bottle. I had sent the 2 he ordered but in a full box that holds 3. I emailed him to explain that is what he had ordered. His reply was "I have not realised that and i would like to return you the bottles as my Boy don't like the bottles and mentioned they are for girls".

Now I am not sure about most people, but personally I would have thought that a Tutti Frutti Pink water bottle was probably aimed at a slightly more female clientèle. He could have bought his boy a green, red, blue, turquoise, purple or orange bottle but no, he bought his son pink. I did politely reply, though through gritted teeth and slightly hammering the keyboard that of course he can return them (at his own expense). But it is annoying when you waste time due to what can only be described as stupidity.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Buyers can be so annoying (and odd)

He ordered two pink ones for a boy?

Oh dear!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    .... of course he can return them (at his own expense).
    That's the joy of the distance selling regs; even the stupid are allowed to change their minds.

I would have said to re-read the listing ... AND copied and pasted the text as to what was clearly stated.

We had a certain point highlighted on a listing IN RED TWICE and they even tried that rubbish with us. They claimed it was not on and the 900 people they had had look at the listing agreed the information was not there. It was on TOS and so we contacted the resolution's centre just to make sure it was showing up, and amazingly that time we had a decent human being (some of them are in a laa laa land, no offence to Laa Laa) who agreed it was there etc etc

Selling is SO BLOODY HARD! especially with such - hummm 'people'.

Quote Originally Posted by EmpHolisticGifts View Post
    I would have said to re-read the listing ... AND copied and pasted the text as to what was clearly stated.

We had a certain point highlighted on a listing IN RED TWICE and they even tried that rubbish with us. They claimed it was not on and the 900 people they had had look at the listing agreed the information was not there. It was on TOS and so we contacted the resolution's centre just to make sure it was showing up, and amazingly that time we had a decent human being (some of them are in a laa laa land, no offence to Laa Laa) who agreed it was there etc etc

Selling is SO BLOODY HARD! especially with such - hummm 'people'.
    I had one recently who had not changed their address. Luckily I had done a Print Screen before contacting them. They then changed the address and swore blind that it was correct all along. Sad that we have to do things like that, but some people expect the world. Me if I make a mistake or miss something I shrug my shoulders, admit it and just carry on.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

The ones that make me laugh are the buyers who purchase a sweater knitting pattern for 50p and expect to receive a sweater!!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh no, pink for a boy, horrors! Next thing you know he'll be wearing giant sequinned glasses and pounding on a piano for a living, LOL!

Best wishes for many sales to all,

We have had to take photographs of everything that we send out before hand to TRY to cover ourselves, VERY time consuming.

Anything over 100g gets its own proof of postage with the weight on, as people try to claim elements are missed, often the weight (independently) can help...

No matter how many times we put - random year coins on listings (even in red and caps!) people still whinge.
    Many want a 1974 sixpence!
    Many complain a the size of items when a penny is put next to it for size (the 2" x 2" is also missed)

Many expect us to be psychic and know what personalisation details they want WITHOUT us being told!

we could go on and on and on ... shake head...

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EmpHolisticGifts View Post
    ......we could go on and on and on ... shake head...
    Yes I did that when I read this on one of your listings.

*PLEASE NOTE YOUR BID/PURCHASE is confirmation that you have read AND agree to all of the above!!
    *** To all reasonable polite, understanding and courteous buyers … Thank you for your custom J ***
    Liars, cheats and thieves NOT WELCOME HERE!
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Well considering how many we have had and the lies people have been caught up in....

As we are a support group that deal with the situations we do, we and the people we support need our time and help, we and those who need us do not need our time wasted on liars, cheats and thieves... if you have it done to you time after time, week after week, you will understand.... if you don't - may your lucky continue

Thread Information