eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What I wanted to buy on ebid - but could not

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What I wanted to buy on ebid - but could not

Yes I was just pointing out some opportunities for people to sell some popular items.

Which has been done before

Its not really ebid's job to do it. (But I do get Adrumi's supermarket analogy)

But If I owned ebid I would be approaching as many sellers of day to day consumer items as I could to fill these categories up.

And 1955 Mercedes sellers

(PS I see ebid is still stuck on or below 4 million listings)

Forum Newbie
    View melodies's Feedback (+8414)
    All-About melodies
    View melodies's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have actively listing on ebid for about 3 weeks, so i'm no expert on this site, i still list on the other dump and have my own website.

My first impressions of ebid.

I like the site, its very quick and easy for me to list, i like the listing layout.

What i will say is listings without pictures are dragging the site down, from a buying point of view it isn't good to see so many listings without an image, it looks very scruffy and i'm positive it drives potential buyers away never to return.
    If it were me, i would cut the price of picture listing to 1p and make it standard that all listings must have at least one image, yes it will upset some, but the listings without images are not gaining ebid anything, infact i am sure they are driving buyers away.

As a seller of several years standing i can honestly say that although i paid my fee, my honest impression of the site was very down beat, it needs more quality sellers and this site needs to become my professional in its attitude to the scruffy appearance of its listings.

Sellers wont come if they feel the site is not looking professional and just looks like an online bootfair or flea market, it is worth the ebid team to realise they call ebay (fleabay), so you can only wonder at the names that ebid are called.

Ebid need to improve, update and think more positive about its future, sitting back creaming of limited fees has no future, it would seem from my point of view that the ebid team no longer believe in the site and are happy just to sit a take the limited fees while they last.

So come on ebid, start thinking fresh and grab hold of the challenge, now is the right time, ebay is in a big mess, sellers are leaving on a daily basis.

I would grab this chance now, the question is do you believe.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome back Julie, have also missed your threads and posts. I do not think it is ebid's direct responsibility to fill the empty categories. It is their responsibility to advertise (cost effectively), to attract more sellers to fill the empty categories, and more buyers to encourage sellers to list more.I am through with trying to figure out why sales do not flow here. Am convinced the answer is more complex than the need of more advertising, sellers, or buyers. Too many are satisfied with the status quo, and this includes ebid. My question is why?

Forum Newbie
    All-About melodies
    View melodies's Listings
    Forum Posts

That though had crossed my mind Burgy!!!

Well no need to make your site work if your sitting pretty is there?

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Melodies,for every sellers sake I hope to be wrong. eBid has such potential to be a top notch alternative to the Bay. Question remains do they really want that? Would really like to see a purpose statement, goals, and plans for the site. Already know that there are a few sellers who sell well here, but there should be many more. There have been some positive changes to eBid over the years, but those changes do not seem to be impacting traffic, sales levels, or growth in listings, buyers or sellers that come and stay. Should anyone be content to see eBid remain at its present level? There is always the possility to grow and improve.

Forum Newbie
    All-About melodies
    View melodies's Listings
    Forum Posts

I see that all the ebid sites are separate, meaning that a UK sellers items are only visible to UK site visitors, that to me is a major problem.
    I sell a great deal of stock to Australia, Australia has an ebid site, but it seems that i'm not visible on it, until this is altered members on this site are losing out to excellent World trade.
    The future of selling is a World market, this is the most major problem with this site, you need to have full International visibility.

Again it comes down to why?, a forward looking company would rectify this in an instant.

I think i need to clean my specs, it seems my items are visible on other sites, but my shops are not.
    Last edited by melodies; 4th July 2014 at 12:14 PM.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by melodies View Post
    I see that all the ebid sites are separate, meaning that a UK sellers items are only visible to UK site visitors, that to me is a major problem....
    I think you are incorrect, unless I have misunderstood what you are saying.

Just did a test of

100 Years of British Buses & Trolley Buses (New DVD)

on the Austalian site, it is showing up.
    Last edited by MPS16; 4th July 2014 at 12:17 PM.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Newbie
    All-About melodies
    View melodies's Listings
    Forum Posts

yes.

Please read the last comment on my post

If I go to the stores from my home page I will only see stores on the Canadian site.

If I go to your About the Seller page, I can see your stores and will see any item that you are selling to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by melodies View Post
    I have actively listing on ebid for about 3 weeks, so i'm no expert on this site, i still list on the other dump and have my own website.

My first impressions of ebid.

I like the site, its very quick and easy for me to list, i like the listing layout.

What i will say is listings without pictures are dragging the site down, from a buying point of view it isn't good to see so many listings without an image, it looks very scruffy and i'm positive it drives potential buyers away never to return.
    I agree that the listings without gallery pictures don't do eBid, or other eBid sellers in general, any favours. Especially the listings that show up in the home page under new and closing, because those are a first impression. My opinion, for what it's worth.

I, too, like the listing layout.

Thread Information