TOMMY

Forum Newbie
    View melodies's Feedback (+8414)
    All-About melodies
    View melodies's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Re: What I wanted to buy on ebid - but could not

Lol well and truly stuffed then
    Last edited by melodies; 4th July 2014 at 04:46 PM.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What I wanted to buy on ebid - but could not

Quote Originally Posted by melodies View Post
    Lol well and truly stuffed then
    Not at all.

Its a very good point you made, that shops are only visible when searching a sellers home web site.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Lurker
    View Triumph7's Feedback (+15)
    All-About Triumph7
    View Triumph7's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by melodies View Post
    Well i'm no expert on this site,but the answer is pretty simple in my opinion.

Ebid need to advertise

Surely an ad cap on say local radio stations would help the lack of through traffic on this site, more through traffic brings more sellers which brings more through traffic.

A really isn't good enough to say we don't advertise, it would seem it is begging for just that, considering the frustration felt by huge amounts of buyers and sellers on jokebay
    Could not agree with you MORE.
    This site will never get anywhere until they DO. With the way freebay is heading, NOW is the time for ebid to get off their backside and actually start advertising. If so, I'm sure we would all put £5.00 in the kitty to help towards the initial funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph7 View Post
    Could not agree with you MORE.
    This site will never get anywhere until they DO. With the way freebay is heading, NOW is the time for ebid to get off their backside and actually start advertising. If so, I'm sure we would all put £5.00 in the kitty to help towards the initial funding.
    But the first two items I check of yours (when postage is included) are more expensive here than you have the same item listed for on the bay. FVF fees are a lot cheaper here and there are no listing costs, so why are your items more expensive on eBid?

Any eBid advertising on the basis of your items would effectively be advertising the bay and putting money in their pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    I have hand knitted covers, phone socks etc listed. knitted to order in the size you want. i admit i dont specifically have sat nav in the title but maybe i should add it
    Always worth adding a good keyword like iPhone, iPad, Garmin. It will get the views and sales. I would state that they are for the most popular, even better with a picture of the specific item in the socks.

If eBid members want perpetual extensive high profile advertising, it has to be paid for. I would expect that the same members who complain about the current level of advertising would be the first to complain if they had to pay 5% or 6% in sales commission to fund the advertising. You get what you pay for in life and if you are only going to pay 2% in sales commission then you have to expect that eBid corporate budgets will be tailored accordingly.

It might be helpful if some of the people who complain about eBid did some really hard work and got lots of stock listed here. Some of the people complaining do not have many items for sale and have not had many items for sale for some considerable time. So maybe time for them to help build the eBid business by getting stuck in.

As a final point, I have posted on another thread about the misconception that eBid do not advertise. EBid has advertised in the past and is advertising now. I see eBid adverts regularly on one of the social media sites at the present time. This Forum has a habit of creating mythology about certain aspects of eBid that do not match what is really happening on the ground. Some of the people posting on this Forum are out of touch with what is really going on with eBid and do not help eBid with what they post. .

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by westlondoncarparts View Post
    .....It might be helpful if some of the people who complain about eBid did some really hard work and got lots of stock listed here. Some of the people complaining do not have many items for sale and have not had many items for sale for some considerable time. So maybe time for them to help build the eBid business by getting stuck in. ...
    Yes.

You are too polite.

Its a case of put up or shut up.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Always worth adding a good keyword like iPhone, iPad, Garmin. It will get the views and sales. I would state that they are for the most popular, even better with a picture of the specific item in the socks.
    I thought you were not allowed to use a brand name in your title if your item was not specifically for that brand.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by westlondoncarparts View Post
    If eBid members want perpetual extensive high profile advertising, it has to be paid for. I would expect that the same members who complain about the current level of advertising would be the first to complain if they had to pay 5% or 6% in sales commission to fund the advertising. You get what you pay for in life and if you are only going to pay 2% in sales commission then you have to expect that eBid corporate budgets will be tailored accordingly.

It might be helpful if some of the people who complain about eBid did some really hard work and got lots of stock listed here. Some of the people complaining do not have many items for sale and have not had many items for sale for some considerable time. So maybe time for them to help build the eBid business by getting stuck in.

As a final point, I have posted on another thread about the misconception that eBid do not advertise. EBid has advertised in the past and is advertising now. I see eBid adverts regularly on one of the social media sites at the present time. This Forum has a habit of creating mythology about certain aspects of eBid that do not match what is really happening on the ground. Some of the people posting on this Forum are out of touch with what is really going on with eBid and do not help eBid with what they post. .
    I will agree, you get what you pay for. Zero listing fees for Life with 2% FVF if you use a Gallery pic. Zero FVFs without Gallery.

What's really going on with eBid? 15 years and under 4 million listings, mostly collectables. I'm pretty sure folks can see what's going on with eBid.
    I know, I know it's growing. As long as the sellers do the work as they have in the past the site will grow as it has in the past.
    Rah, rah ree!

Thread Information