Forum Lurker
    Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    View RetailOnline's Feedback (+20)
    All-About RetailOnline
    View RetailOnline's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Sold Item But Buyer "No Longer Active"

Hi,

I sold an item today and the buyer has become no longer active. The buyer hasn't paid for the item he bought. What does this mean? Will the transaction still get completed? Should i claim my FVF fees back?

I hope you can tell me more about this.

Thanks

MegaBargains
    CHECK OUT MY MOBILE PHONE ACCESSORIES AT CHEAP PRICES. DON'T MISS OUT ON ANY BARGAINS!!!

STORE LINK BELOW:

http://megabargains.ebid.net

Default Re: Sold Item But Buyer "No Longer Active"

If they have not paid then the best thing is to contact support. You will have no way of contacting the buyer and they will currently have no way of paying.

Forum Lurker
    Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    View RetailOnline's Feedback (+20)
    All-About RetailOnline
    View RetailOnline's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    If they have not paid then the best thing is to contact support. You will have no way of contacting the buyer and they will currently have no way of paying.
    I have now contacted support.

I will wait and see what they say
    CHECK OUT MY MOBILE PHONE ACCESSORIES AT CHEAP PRICES. DON'T MISS OUT ON ANY BARGAINS!!!

STORE LINK BELOW:

http://megabargains.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by MegaBargains View Post
    Hi,

I sold an item today and the buyer has become no longer active. The buyer hasn't paid for the item he bought. What does this mean? Will the transaction still get completed? Should i claim my FVF fees back?

I hope you can tell me more about this.

Thanks

MegaBargains

A strike through can mean many things - but initially should be looked at as a likely account irregularity that has flagged up a problem and eBid has asked for further information to make sure everything is as it should be. I will give you just one example... if they sign up on eBid uk but they are accessing eBid from from the states then there will be a strike through, as they should (unless they are on holiday or have 2 addresses) be signing up on the US eBid. In my experience most do get sorted out but some are likely to vanish, see below:

Normally I would e-mail the buyer and speak to them directly to see if I can sort out the problem for them (the email will be on the successful sale eBid e-mail). However, it is clear to see what the problem is with your buyer - go to their all about page and you will see their location as Cumbria - London. That doesn't sound like it is a transaction that is going to sort itself out and doesn't inspire confidence either - but you never know. Give it a few days and see what happens - if nothing then go through the NPB process.

I;ve just had the exact opposite a few days ago and mentioned in a different thread. Here the procedure s almost identical except that as buyer I am not able to email the seller.

In my case the seller has an AV tag and a strike through. Anyway have been in touch with "HQ" and am awaiting developments.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    I;ve just had the exact opposite a few days ago and mentioned in a different thread. Here the procedure s almost identical except that as buyer I am not able to email the seller.

In my case the seller has an AV tag and a strike through. Anyway have been in touch with "HQ" and am awaiting developments.
    Good luck to you and the OP, hope things get sorted soon.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

This has happened to me today (3/8/16). A buyer has signed up to eBid specifically to purchase a particular item from me for £39.99 (80p fvf for eBid and product normally £50 on eBay with my overpriced competitors) and the buyer is being asked to supply additional contact verification information. I do believe this is a random thing that the system does as the buyer today has signed up today but at the same time I had a new buyer, again signed up to eBid just to buy the exact same item last week (I had two in stock) but as far as I know that buyer last week was not asked to provide any additional contact verification and paid for the item before they could be invoiced.

After sending the invoice today I saw the notice eBid had placed about the buyer being inactive (would be nice if I was alerted to this before invoicing though - no strike through username, nothing) and pending additional information so I cancelled that invoice and sent a new invoice and in the "note" section of the invoice I just politely explained that it is just a random security check to keep buyers/sellers safe so please do not let it put you off in any way. Plus our email address is always included in the note section of invoices and shipping notices.

I have had buyers in the past put off by the verification request, or just do not have what eBid is asking for, and others who have gone ahead and provided what was asked for and completed the transaction. Just comes down to how the buyer feels about it and how much they want the item they have signed up to eBid to purchase from you but if they do not possess what eBid is asking for in verification or just do not want to go to the effort of providing what is asked, or are not in the position to scan or photograph said documentation because not everyone has fancy devices with cameras and whatnot with the ability to launch rockets into space, then you have to cancel the sale.

One thing that I would like to remind eBid of too is not everyone has a driving license or a passport (a friend of mine has no driving license and no passport and lives with her parents so no utility bills, nor paper bank statements and her mobile phone is taken care of online with no paper billing) and in a lot of cases, especially these days, you have a lot of people in their 20's, 30's and even some in their 40's) still living with parents because of the cost of renting/buying these days so they cannot provide utility bills with their name on even though they do live at the address and if such people do not drive and do not have a passport either then they cannot provide any additional documentation to satisfy eBid's request. Even though I have a mobile phone I no longer receive paper bills through the post as it is all done online now and it is optional to have bills delivered snail mail now and this is the same case with bank statements too as I have not had a bank statement snail mailed to me in 9 years as I do it all online or at the branch when paying in money and on the bank statement side, although you can print them off from your bank's website they are often not accepted as verification because there's no branch address and sometimes when you request a printed statement it comes with no branch address even though your name and address is still on there! I think this is something eBid needs to consider moving forward in this ID obsessed world where there are people who shop online but are lacking in the ID department.
    Last edited by rokins_toys; 3rd August 2016 at 08:19 PM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Thread Information