eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can I remove item from E-bid if I have a bid ???

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Can I remove item from E-bid if I have a bid ???

Quote Originally Posted by soulman1888 View Post
    wish I hadn't even asked now
    Call it 2 lessons in one thread.

My opinion the best way to handle this would have been to contact the bidder (hard to do on eBid) explain the situation. If the bidder agrees to cancel then cancel if not, suck it up and wait for the outcome.

I won't even go into how fishy the schill bidding looks in this situation but I will say it was a bad move.

Have just found out from my daughter that her bid has been removed ??? is there a problem with her buying it for her DJ boyfriend ????
    Why didn't her boyfriend just open an account & bid on it?

We have a good detective here on eBid (Deano) he even called me out recently on a thread I started, did I get mad no. I looked at what he posted & realized he was correct & I manned up & admitted that I stood corrected on my post.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Bidder has the same surname as you - and from Staines as well........
    As usual, well spotted

Not getting mad Haleys comics just did not realise that My daughter could not bid on my item , would she have been able to buy it then if I had a buy it now price ???

Not getting mad Haleys comics just did not realise that My daughter could not bid on my item , would she have been able to buy it then if I had a buy it now price ???
    Why? When all she has to do is 'phone you! You withdraw from sale, etc (BIN).

The discussion was about withdrawing from sale if a bid had been made under auction ... then the "clever" stuff started.

Shill bidding is when there is a deliberate attempt to increase the final price. Taking the seller's comments here at face value, that doesn't appear to have been the intent, though obviously it's difficult for an auction site to distinguish between shilling and real intent by family/friend/etc.

As for the original question, what to do when having made an error, I'm a bit surprised at the strong responses from some. I guess they're so perfect they've never made a mistake themselves. But for the rest of us, when there's a mistake, while the decent thing to do is take it on the chin, it may depend on the amount involved and whether we can afford the luxury.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thought that there would be someone out there cornishmaid that would let it go, (must just be me that is feeling the pinch just now) if I wasn't I wouldn't be selling on e-bay and e-bid, as for the seller never returning to e-bid for me pulling an auction I think is a bit extreme, think I have taken enough of a hit for now with the £50.00 seller+ account with no sales in well over a month
    Like Cornishmaid, I would let it go, and consider it a cheap lesson.

I would view it as a matter of professional pride - I should know what I'm doing, and if I make a mistake I should pay for it.
    Ditto, if I get the postage wrong.

I digress but ... Sell to family? - wow not in this family I am afraid - I must be a right soft mark .....
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    I digress but ... Sell to family? - wow not in this family I am afraid - I must be a right soft mark .....
    But does daughter's boyfriend count as family?

I love that avatar! Does kitteh ever go status off line?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

wasn't anything clever about it Cambrensis, give me a little bit of credit matey if my daughter had known it was against the rules she would never have put a bid on it, as for some of the quotes from other members if I had been trying to rip any one off I certainly wouldn't have done it from an other account registered from my own address, I hadn't seen or spoke to my daughter since I told her about the single 4 days ago she came over Sun afternoon and had told me about the bid hence why I said that I would let it ride...If I had known myself it was against the rules I would have told her to extract it herself to save E-bid closing her account....

Thread Information