eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can I remove item from E-bid if I have a bid ???

Default Can I remove item from E-bid if I have a bid ???

Hi all was wondering if I can remove an item from e-bid if it has a bid ??? I have listed a 45 which has a £1.00 bid , I did not realise what the single is actually worth but after a bit of research have realised that it could be in excess of £30.00 haven't had a single bid on any of my other items in over a month but obviously the bidder knew what the single was worth can I withdraw it ???

Default Re: Can I remove item from E-bid if I have a bid ???

to be honest when I listed it I placed it on e-bay as well went in to e-bay to check it the day after listing and it had 20 views and 3 watchers when I went in to e-bid to remove it I had a £1.00 bid on it

Quote Originally Posted by soulman1888 View Post
    to be honest when I listed it I placed it on e-bay as well went in to e-bay to check it the day after listing and it had 20 views and 3 watchers when I went in to e-bid to remove it I had a £1.00 bid on it
    Cancel the auction. There is a mistake with the auction price. You have every legal right to cancel an auction before it ends if there is a mistake in the auction.

You are not obligated to honor an incorrect price that is the result of a mistake.

Cancel the auction.

You will need to cancel the bid & then you should be able to close the auction.
    Last edited by HaleysComics; 20th July 2014 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kozersky View Post
    Cancel the auction. There is a mistake with the auction price. You have every legal right to cancel an auction before it ends if there is a mistake in the auction.

You are not obligated to honor an incorrect price that is the result of a mistake.

Cancel the auction.
    Absolute rubbish.
    The seller should honour the sale or risk a deserved neg. It isn't the bidders fault that the seller didn't do their research before listing the item, so why should they lose out?
    The seller should be up front and honest with the bidder and ask them if they'd let the seller pull the listing, but if the bidder says they want to continue the deal should be honoured.
    It is really bad practice to screw over a bidder just because the item isn't reaching a higher price and it reflects badly on eBid when sellers do this..

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Absolute rubbish.
    The seller should honour the sale or risk a deserved neg. It isn't the bidders fault that the seller didn't do their research before listing the item, so why should they lose out?
    The seller should be up front and honest with the bidder and ask them if they'd let the seller pull the listing, but if the bidder says they want to continue the deal should be honoured.
    It is really bad practice to screw over a bidder just because the item isn't reaching a higher price and it reflects badly on eBid when sellers do this..
    The bidder won't have an opportunity to neg the seller.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post
    The bidder won't have an opportunity to neg the seller.
    More's the pity.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Thanks Olivia for your feedback didn't think it would be a problem but just thought I would make sure first, will be doing my research for sure now Damian from now on before listing anything else I have another few 45s and Lps that are worth a pretty penny but I will not be listing them on E-bid I am afraid until I can build up some kind of customer base, as I said a simple mistake which I should have checked out first.

I know people are looking for a bargain MPS16 but a £30.00 hit for a simple mistake that I should have checked out beforehand, would everybody else be quite happy to let it ride ???

Quote Originally Posted by soulman1888 View Post
    I know people are looking for a bargain MPS16 but a £30.00 hit for a simple mistake that I should have checked out beforehand, would everybody else be quite happy to let it ride ???
    To be honest yes I would let it ride. It would be my mistake so I should take the fall.

The buyer might well turn out to be a regular customer if they get themselves a bargain but to cancel the sale would probably mean that buyer will never come back to eBid again which is bad for all sellers. I've seen so many complaints in the forums over the years because sellers have set their auction prices too low and cancelled sales.

Of course you must do what you feel is best for your business but is there any guarantee that it will actually sell for the £30 in this economic climate?!

Thread Information