Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: false advertisment

Default false advertisment

hi i was wondering if someone could point my in the right way of dealing with a seller, i saw an item that a seller was selling, which happens to be a lunch bag, i thought it would be great to purchase one early before they go back to school, on the description for the lunch bag it says, buy 3 get one of them free with free worldwide shipping, so i had a look through and seen two bottles at the same price so purchased the two bottles, i sent an request for an invoice, and the seller sent a invoice through paypal not ebid, the invoice is for the full amount of all three, with no discount, so i sent money through paypal for the amount of 2 as they were all the same price, which the seller has sent back, which is great, with a message saying i have to pay full price for all three, should i leave negative feedback? they didnt reply to any of my messages, any advice would be grateful, i dont want them to be able to leave negative feeback for me, when i have done nothing wrong, sorry about the mumbling and large post.

thank you in advance

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: false advertisment

So the special offer is 3 for 2 and seller wants you to pay for all three? That is false advertising. Are these things a pack of three or singular? Anyways, you should write to eBid support (contact us) near bottom of the page and explain the situation. It is great you have been refunded but a seller can not offer a special offer and then fail to deliver on that promise. The seller needs to either fulfil the offer or remove their advertisement of the offer immediately.

Even if the seller did leave negative feedback for you, the negative would be unjustified and you will be able to get it removed via eBid support. I would suggest leaving "neutral" feedback to begin with and state in the feedback that seller advertised a 3 for 2 offer but tried to make you pay for all 3 items and see what happens from there.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Quote Originally Posted by rokins_toys View Post
    So the special offer is 3 for 2 and seller wants you to pay for all three? That is false advertising. Are these things a pack of three or singular? Anyways, you should write to eBid support (contact us) near bottom of the page and explain the situation. It is great you have been refunded but a seller can not offer a special offer and then fail to deliver on that promise. The seller needs to either fulfil the offer or remove their advertisement of the offer immediately.

Even if the seller did leave negative feedback for you, the negative would be unjustified and you will be able to get it removed via eBid support. I would suggest leaving "neutral" feedback to begin with and state in the feedback that seller advertised a 3 for 2 offer but tried to make you pay for all 3 items and see what happens from there.
    yes the offer was 3 for 2 and they was three separate items, thank you for the advice i will contact ebid now, thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyandlarasmum View Post
    hi i was wondering if someone could point my in the right way of dealing with a seller, i saw an item that a seller was selling, which happens to be a lunch bag, i thought it would be great to purchase one early before they go back to school, on the description for the lunch bag it says, buy 3 get one of them free with free worldwide shipping, so i had a look through and seen two bottles at the same price so purchased the two bottles, i sent an request for an invoice, and the seller sent a invoice through paypal not ebid, the invoice is for the full amount of all three, with no discount, so i sent money through paypal for the amount of 2 as they were all the same price, which the seller has sent back, which is great, with a message saying i have to pay full price for all three, should i leave negative feedback? they didnt reply to any of my messages, any advice would be grateful, i dont want them to be able to leave negative feeback for me, when i have done nothing wrong, sorry about the mumbling and large post.

thank you in advance
    I can see the 3 items.

As the threat of negative feedback has come into play - I wouldn't deal with the seller....

I would contact support - give them the 3 item numbers and details. Tell them about the threat of being left negative feedback which is totally unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyandlarasmum View Post
    it says, buy 3 get one of them free with free worldwide shipping, so i had a look through and seen two bottles at the same price so purchased the two bottles, i sent an request for an invoice, and the seller sent a invoice through paypal not ebid, the invoice is for the full amount of all three, with no discount, so i sent money through paypal for the amount of 2 as they were all the same price, which the seller has sent back, which is great, with a message saying i have to pay full price for all three, should i leave negative feedback?
    thank you in advance
    FULL PRODUCT DESCRIPTION CAN BE READ FROM THE PHOTO(S)

BUY ANY 3 ITEMS IN THE STORE AND GET 1 FREE OF EQUAL OR LESSER VALUE + FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING ON ALL ITEMS OR BUY ANY 2 ITEMS AND GET YOUR 3RD ITEM 50% OFF WITH FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING ON ALL ITEMS (50% OFF YOUR LOWEST TICKETED ITEM)

LIMITED QUANTITIES,WHILE SUPPLIES LAST
    I think this is what you saw. Buying TWO items entitles you to the 3rd at half price - while supplies last.

It does not say if you buy two the third is free. When you received the invoice you should have asked then before trying to pay a different amount. There are two different offers involved and I am not clear which you are trying to take up.

To ask help of eBid, select "Help" at top of pagem then come down to the green bar... select "contact us"

Lookss like a complete misunderstanding to me!

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    I can see the 3 items.

As the threat of negative feedback has come into play - I wouldn't deal with the seller....

I would contact support - give them the 3 item numbers and details. Tell them about the threat of being left negative feedback which is totally unacceptable.

Buyer is not saying that! Deano. Buyer is afraid of receiving it, that is all.

Obviously I am reading a completely different offer with two very experienced sellers seeing buy two get 3rd free. Strange as there were not many selling lunch bags.

I thought the seller could not understand what the heck was going on and so returned buyer's money.

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    Obviously I am reading a completely different offer with two very experienced sellers seeing buy two get 3rd free. Strange as there were not many selling lunch bags.

I thought the seller could not understand what the heck was going on and so returned buyer's money.

It states on the items purchased....

BUY ANY 3 ITEMS IN THE STORE AND GET 1 FREE OF EQUAL OR LESSER VALUE + FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING

Buyer has purchased 3 items - received an invoice for 3 direct from paypal (not on the eBid system). So buyer sends the payment for 2 items with an explanation about selecting items with buy 3 and get 1 free - the seller refunds and threatens negative feedback.

At that point I see no future in speaking to the seller.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    I can see the 3 items.

Sorry you had this experience. What Deano said; I certainly wouldn't remain in contact with anyone who threatened me, but would report the entire matter to the proper authorities at eBid support: support@ebid.net. False advertising certainly won't go down well with eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Buy THREE and get one free
    . I would read that as having to purchase three items to get an ADDITIONAL free one. Not buy TWO get one free as the buyer has assumed.

The seller has NOT threatened any negative feedback. That, again, is the buyer's assumption.

Thread Information