Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: false advertisment

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: false advertisment

From reading it i thought it meant buy 3 and receive a 4th one free so in this case i would expect an invoice for 3 items and a question as to what i would want for my 4th
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    From reading it i thought it meant buy 3 and receive a 4th one free so in this case i would expect an invoice for 3 items and a question as to what i would want for my 4th
    Well the buyer appears not have got any question - they got an invoice for 3.

I would have read it as buy 3 and get one of those items free. But you may be right as they also have "BUY ANY 2 ITEMS AND GET YOUR 3RD ITEM 50% OFF" but they didn't get an invoice with 50% off one item either.

Either way - the buyer is not getting a fair deal.

The seller has made their own problems by their wording.

--------

I misunderstood the buyers words.....

so i sent money through paypal for the amount of 2 as they were all the same price, which the seller has sent back, which is great, with a message saying i have to pay full price for all three, should i leave negative feedback?

I thought the last bit was part of the sellers message.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Well the buyer appears not have got any question - they got an invoice for 3.

I would have read it as buy 3 and get one of those items free. But you may be right as they also have "BUY ANY 2 ITEMS AND GET YOUR 3RD ITEM 50% OFF" but they didn't get an invoice with 50% off one item either.

Either way - the buyer is not getting a fair deal.

The seller has made their own problems by their wording.

--------

I misunderstood the buyers words.....

so i sent money through paypal for the amount of 2 as they were all the same price, which the seller has sent back, which is great, with a message saying i have to pay full price for all three, should i leave negative feedback?

I thought the last bit was part of the sellers message.
    Buy 3 means buy/pay for 3. Get one free means you get one free.
    Buy 3 get 1 free means exactly that. Don't see how buy 3 get 1 free can be construed as buy 3 pay for 2 get 3. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    It states on the items purchased....

BUY ANY 3 ITEMS IN THE STORE AND GET 1 FREE OF EQUAL OR LESSER VALUE + FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING

Buyer has purchased 3 items - received an invoice for 3 direct from paypal (not on the eBid system). So buyer sends the payment for 2 items with an explanation about selecting items with buy 3 and get 1 free - the seller refunds and threatens negative feedback.

At that point I see no future in speaking to the seller.

Yes...means buy 3 and get another one free. Four in all! Does not say buy two and get a third free.! The buyer purchased two expecting the third for nothing...but third is 50% off.

There are in fact two different language problems going on here, one caused by using caps. had better not say too much more however. Buyer was paying for two! Nowhere does it say pay for two items only! Pay for 2 1/2 or pay for 3...never pay for 2.

I agree it is convoluted, but so far as I can see the only mistake seller has made is repay an amount sent in error. We have no idea what buyer said in reply to the invoice.

The seller has not threatened negative feedback. This is linguistic again.

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Buy 3 get 1 free means exactly that. Don't see how buy 3 get 1 free can be construed as buy 3 pay for 2 get 3. Makes no sense.
    It means buy 3 and get another free (four in all); there is another clause which says buy two and get a third at 50%.

This is making me think that we are all reading two different adverts or some are not reading it at all.

But fs you check whole thread you'll see I am claiming a linguistic problem here. Nuff said.
    Last edited by cambrensis; 23rd July 2014 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Welcome to my shopping world !!!

I stand corrected.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    It means buy 3 and get another free (four in all); therre is another clause which says buy two and get a third at 50%.

This is making me think that we are all reading two different adverts or some are not reading it at all.

But is you check whole tyhread you'll see I am claiming a linguistic problem here. Nuff said.
    I'm trying everything in my power to be able to read buy 3 pay for 2 get 3.
    I really tried but failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post

Thank you Maelbrigda! You and I seem to be speaking the same language!

Oh dear - I blame the use of Caps myself.

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    Yes...means buy 3 and get another one free. Four in all! Does not say buy two and get a third free.! The buyer purchased two expecting the third for nothing...but third is 50% off.

In which case he should have got an invoice with a 50% discount off the third item. It would appear from the buyer that the invoice sent was the total amount for the 3.

Never let me near a shop offering buy 3 get one free . Buy 3 and get an additional one free fits into my obviously warped shopping logic but if I see buy 3 get one free then my shopping brain is somewhat out of touch!

Ok so I know that I am wrong........

Thread Information