Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: false advertisment

Default Re: false advertisment

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Take this to a different level.

Buy one get one free. Would this mean just pick one out and it's free? Of course not. You buy/pay for one and get one free. Also known as Buy/pay for one get another one or second for free.

Or even "Buy one, get one too!"

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    Or even "Buy one, get one too!"
    Also.

Some might look at "too" as a misspelling so the seller should post too (as in also not the number 2 as meaning a numeric value).

Quote Originally Posted by tonyreddevil View Post
    might be right.

13 members viewing and 5 guests
    What's that got to do with the price of fish??

Oh......I see........that's 13 members and 5 free guests. Or....perhaps the 5th guest will get a free subscription by dint of the 12th member joining?

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Also.

Some might look at "too" as a misspelling so the seller should post too (as in also not the number 2 as meaning a numeric value).
    That is the point...works better if you say it aloud! Causes wonderful confusion!

[QUOTE=kreativebargains;1616445]To me it seems like a little misunderstanding all round that has not been improved by poor communication. I would read it as buy and pay for 3 and get a 4th free or buy 3 with 2 at full price and get a third at half price. Maybe that could be made more clear on the listings, but it should certainly have been made clear when the invoice was sent. I would not pay part of an invoice that I thought was wrong, I would want to sort out the misunderstanding prior to making any payment. A polite exchange should be all that is needed with both sides admitting to a little of the confusion and misunderstanding.[/QUOTE

We have no evidence that the seller did not ask when invoice was sent. He may very well have asked which one the buyer wanted free as she was wishing to buy three. If the buyer was still convinced that it meant pay for two ( as it appears she was), the seller may well have chosen simply to refund. Whether or not there was a note with that we do not know either.

My main complaint against the seller is his use of Upper Case letters to communicate his message. It confuses something which is already convoluted enough.

I do not see that anybody need leave feedback of any sort. Neither side has understood the intent of the other; it is perfectly possible that any messages sent have compounded the problem. I doubt that, should we learn of any, we'd be any the wiser really.

After all that I've reported seller to eBid. Has anybody else read through his "About me"? It seemed to clarify what he was saying then I found something naughty...

Do check it out....

Forum Newbie
    All-About MonkeyDoodle
    View MonkeyDoodle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up Re: false advertisment

Quote Originally Posted by Knit_Wits_Vintage View Post
    . I would read that as having to purchase three items to get an ADDITIONAL free one. Not buy TWO get one free as the buyer has assumed.

The seller has NOT threatened any negative feedback. That, again, is the buyer's assumption.
    Agreed ... BUY 3 ( purchase 3 ) get 1 ( the 4th for free )

Thread Information