Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How do I combine similar items into one flat rate shipping charge?

Default How do I combine similar items into one flat rate shipping charge?

Since I am of the belief that buyers just want to buy and not wait for combined invoices, I need some direction as to how I can combine items of similar weight or size into one flat rate shipping charge. Since shipping will be by USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail, there is no need for extra cost per item. I just need a method of designating similar items for inclusion into one envelope.

I would also like to do the same with items that are designated free shipping.

Further, when listing heavy catalogs, which are shipped with USPS Media Mail, I would like to combine weights for those heavier items into one shipping cost..

If so, can the methods of combining items be also applied to USPS International shipping?

As I recall, I think Dean once had a post about this topic.

I forgot to add that I am concerned about a buyer attempting to add a heavy catalog into a small flat rate envelope, so as to save postage costs for themselves. So, it would appear that the items should be designated to ship separately, or at the heavier weight.

The above are options that are available at our main web store. I am unsure if they are available here.
    Last edited by kozersky; 5th August 2014 at 12:50 AM.

Default Re: How do I combine similar items into one flat rate shipping charge?

You can create a series of shipping codes to do what you describe.

Go to My eBid tab. On the left, about the middle of the page, you will see my defaults. One of the tabs is "shipping defaults". Once you have set up the shipping codes, then you can add them to your listings via bulk edit.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help. That was easy.

Quote Originally Posted by kozersky View Post
    Thanks for your help. That was easy.
    You're welcome! Yes, I thought it was pretty easy, too.

Thread Information