Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it Me?

Default Is it Me?

Is it me? or does anybody else get annoyed with posts stating "I've been ripped off" then going on to blame ebid as a bad place to buy from. Just lately there have been a few such posts, and from what I can work out they all involve purchases from sellers who have come over from the other side, imported their feedback, looking like they have sold lots of things here.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Is it Me?

Quote Originally Posted by booksntings View Post
    Is it me? or does anybody else get annoyed with posts stating "I've been ripped off" then going on to blame ebid as a bad place to buy from. Just lately there have been a few such posts, and from what I can work out they all involve purchases from sellers who have come over from the other side, imported their feedback, looking like they have sold lots of things here.
    Oh I so agree with you. Imported feedback can be so misleading.... I don't know why it is allowed since it was not earned here where it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Oh I so agree with you. Imported feedback can be so misleading.... I don't know why it is allowed since it was not earned here where it matters.
    It never used to be a problem, I imported some of mine way back, but over half is now from here.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

It never used to be a problem, I imported some of mine way back, but over half is now from here.
    I think we will see more & more of this happening as Sellers migrate..... "looking like they have sold lots of things here", is a problem. It is, IMO, definitely misleading. It's why I only wanted my eBid earned FB to be shown.

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    I think we will see more & more of this happening as Sellers migrate..... "looking like they have sold lots of things here", is a problem. It is, IMO, definitely misleading. It's why I only wanted my eBid earned FB to be shown.
    Totally agree .

I would assume that eBid allow such transfer in order to make their site appear more successful than it actually is.

This is misleading and will continue to incur such postings from newbies.

Yes, it is unfair to blame the site when they have been 'ripped off', but I do feel some sympathy for them having left what they see is a site for scammers, only to find the same happening on here.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

i would have the feedback reported as +270 ebid +1234 imported that way we would know what we are dealing with.

The only bad experience I have had on ebid was when a bookseller with thousands of books had 10's of thousands of feedback and twice I tried to buy an item only to be told out of stock or no reply at all the second time.

He did have ebid feedback 17 negatives and 2 positives but the imported feedback masked this and reported him as having 100% feedback
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    ...He did have ebid feedback 17 negatives and 2 positives but the imported feedback masked this and reported him as having 100% feedback
    ie :-

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  38.8 KB
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

You could ask eBid to get rid of the imported feedback now that you have a good total here, I think others have done that in the past. Then you can proudly say that all your feedback is from eBid like I do ! Not that anything sells on an alternative site of course !!!

Yes I think the posts being made at the moment are quite unfair. If a new seller turns up here with imported feedback and then the seller doesn't give good service it's hardly fair to blame eBid ! If eBid is aware that there is a problem with a seller then they have always been quick to take action.

I've always felt that imported feedback is a bad idea after all those sellers that started off on TOS had to start over there with no feedback so why shouldn't they do the same here and prove their worth !

It's a catch 22, if you have zero feedback & sell high priced items you could be a scammer, if you import your feedback (according to others you are a scammer).

I have imported my feedback from the bay a long time ago 100% positive & still maintain a 100% positive there with out ever having a negative. I have had 2 sales here & one buyer left positive & the 2nd which is a newbie to eBid has not left feedback.

There is no wrong or right about if someone should or should not import their feedback, to each their own.

If you look at eBids own statement, a High priced auctioned item from a member with zero feedback is a Most common online auction Fraud scams. So if new sellers started selling high priced items here with no feedback people would think they are all scammers by reading eBids own statement.

Some people take bank transfer as payment in which you have to give out your banking details, eBid states this is most likely a scam & advises against giving out your banking details.

eBid also states if a seller will only provided you with a mobile number, pager or voice system then more then likely it is a scammer. I for one do not have a landline only a mobile number. I don't know many people who even have landlines anymore as most people just use mobile phones.

5) Most common online auction Fraud scams and ways to spot them.

• Wire Transfers overseas (especially Western Union) - seller insists that you pay by wire transfer and your payment is safe because money will not be released without a password or ID code. This is not true. If they insist on a wire transfer it is almost certainly a scam.
    • Will only provide you with a mobile, pager or voice messaging system.
    • Landline number is always engaged or "please leave a message".
    • Hotmail account or another third-party email address.
    • High priced auctioned item from a member with zero feedback.
    • Offers to complete the sale before the auction has finished - contact telephone number or email in the text of the auction.
    • Requesting your banking details after the auction has closed and then setting up direct debits with your banking information. Always use a payment provider such as PPPay.com to avoid giving your banking information.
    • Makes an excuse why they cannot use the Escrow Payment facilities.
    • Fraudulent escrow services (what is escrow?) - Ssellers offering to use an escrow company that is not regulated.

If you have any doubt or suspicions contact us before doing anything!

http://us.ebid.net/help_fraud.php#5

I agree the posts about being defrauded & blaming eBid is wrong, when it is obvious the buyer hasn't contacted eBid or left a negative comment for the seller.
    eBid is the best about getting rid of scammers once a buyer brings it to their attention, but if a buyer don't report the seller to eBid or leave a negative comment, they can't read your mind.

Thread Information