Thread: Is it Me?

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Is it Me?

I've been sceptical regarding the value of importing feedback that has been gained from other sites....it only indicates that a seller has gained experience selling elsewhere.
    i wonder if this inspires confidence when a buyer comes to this site?....i'm unsure either way to be honest.

From a sellers perspective its often the case that when selling on other sites newly registered buyers are often treated with a degree of suspicion.....how many times have you seen a sentence including within an item description that "buyers with less than 5/10 feedback ratings must contact the seller prior to bidding/buying?....this is an interesting requirement as it does nothing to stop last second bidding.

What would happen if Ebid sellers treated newly registered buyers in the same way?....well....we'd make no sales as the majority of our buyers tend to be newly registered.,

So...the importing of feedback from elsewhere can be misleading when demonstrating a sellers ability to complete a transaction correctly. You'd expect, good and informative listings to be more of an indicator of this.
    Why then if a seller turns rogue?, should it reflect negatively on Ebid is a good question....as it would imply that we're all incapable of performing...which ....of course we're not.

If a buyer does have a problem and it happens that they have used paypal as a payment method which the majority of people use, then their purchase is covered by them.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    I agree the posts about being defrauded & blaming eBid is wrong, when it is obvious the buyer hasn't contacted eBid or left a negative comment for the seller.
    eBid is the best about getting rid of scammers once a buyer brings it to their attention, but if a buyer don't report the seller to eBid or leave a negative comment, they can't read your mind.
    Agree 110%.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    I agree the posts about being defrauded & blaming eBid is wrong, when it is obvious the buyer hasn't contacted eBid or left a negative comment for the seller.
    eBid is the best about getting rid of scammers once a buyer brings it to their attention, but if a buyer don't report the seller to eBid or leave a negative comment, they can't read your mind.
    I think that the support team at eBid does a good job and I think that coming to the boards and ranting and slamming eBid about a poor seller without going through any channels is wrong. There are poor sellers on every site.

So, like Sues, I agree.

:-)

I think all we can do is respond to these threads, point out the facts, offer whatever advice is appropriate, and remind them that eBid can't do anything until they are informed that a seller has broken the rules or done something unethical. People reading the negative threads need to see some sensible, calm, and supportive responses.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

I find it interesting when there are back to back threads...

1) Complaining about the verification process. ebidders post it's for the safety of it's members.
    2) Complaining about a scammer seller/ buyer. ebidders post scams happen on all sites, then imported feedback is discussed.

Priceless.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

I imported my feedback from FeeBay - 2000 positive, no negative.

I don't see anything odd or wrong about that: It's just like the goodwill you would expect if you moved your (physical) shop.
    You earned it by being a good seller, so why not tell prospective buyers here?

The comments are there for all to read.

Thread Information