eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: promotion through twitter

View RameRetro's Feedback (+33)
    All-About RameRetro
    View RameRetro's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: promotion through twitter

Does anyone think they've had any success promoting items on Twitter? I have resisted the urge to "tweet" so far and other social network sites seem to take up far too much of my time as it is.

But if there is any evidence (even anecdotal) that Twitter may yield some results, I may be tempted to change my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by RameRetro View Post
    Does anyone think they've had any success promoting items on Twitter? I have resisted the urge to "tweet" so far and other social network sites seem to take up far too much of my time as it is.

But if there is any evidence (even anecdotal) that Twitter may yield some results, I may be tempted to change my mind!

Think about this......

Twitter and Facebook

Conventional social media sites whereby your established followers get to see your tweets or posts. So more appropriate where you already have a large customer base to whom you can make instantly aware your new listings.

Pinterest and Google+

No base is needed as both sites allow you to target an audience and gain custom and exposure. Google+ means you can join circle's of people with a relevant interest in the items you sell.

With Pinterest you can follow anyone with a relevant interest - for example: Say you had a Piggy Bank for sale - you put your item on Pinterest - you then search for all Piggy Bank boards - you follow every single one of those boards (simple process). The percentage rate for people having a look to see who has followed them is extremely high - and you have an item on your Pinterest page that is relevant to them, that could mean they re-pin the item (extra exposure for your item) or they may purchase the item. What you have to remember is that some people only check their Pinterest page every so often, so it may take some time before people start checking back.

Likewise if eBid wanted to promote themselves on Pinterest all they have to do is follow every single person who is pinning ebay items onto Pinterest. It is an easy way to target people who have a relevant interest.

View RameRetro's Feedback (+33)
    All-About RameRetro
    View RameRetro's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks deanosaur, that was interesting reading. I am tending to focus on Google + and Pinterest at the moment and you give good advice on how to get the best out of them.

I am wary about flooding Facebook with my posts. I tend to use it for more social purposes and I don't necessarily want to bombard people that know me with loads of stuff for sale!

Thread Information