Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: promotion through twitter

Default promotion through twitter

Hi all was wondering if anyone can help me with yet another problem I have being a newbie to e-bid and twitter I was wondering if anyone could tell me when tweeting one of my sales is there any way that I can add a pic of my item to my tweet as there doesn't seem to be an option to add a pic ??? thanks all for your replies in advance...

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: promotion through twitter

Quote Originally Posted by soulman1888 View Post
    Hi all was wondering if anyone can help me with yet another problem I have being a newbie to e-bid and twitter I was wondering if anyone could tell me when tweeting one of my sales is there any way that I can add a pic of my item to my tweet as there doesn't seem to be an option to add a pic ??? thanks all for your replies in advance...
    I post mine to twitter using social beacon, and that includes the picture that I choose from the options on the listing.

Social Beacon will also post to Facebook and pinterest all at the same time, so you only need 1 post to post to all 3.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Thanks Sherlock is there any chance you could fill me in on what Social Beacon is ?? cheers mate

All-About sherlock07
    Forum Posts

Thanks Sherlock is there any chance you could fill me in on what Social Beacon is ?? cheers mate
    Social Beacon is a website that you sign up to (free) you then link it to your Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest accounts.

Then when you want to post you create a new post, copy and paste the url into Social Beacon, type a title for your post or take one that it offers from the dropdown (Taken from your listing) choose the photo you want to use again these are what SB has found on your page.

Type what you want to say in the box (this is automatically transfered to each of the postings (just be aware of the character count) especially for twitter, but you do get a character countdown for each.

If you want to say something extra say on FB then you just type in the FB box.

When you have finished just press post, will post to FB and twitter straight away, but a popup will appear for pinterest to ask which of your boards to post it on.

Sounds a bit long winded, but it is really easy.

Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Thanks again Sherlock signed up for a social beacon account this afternoon have already linked it to my FB, Twitter and Pin It but wasn't sure how to get my listings from e-bid into it, but reading your last message it looks like I copy and paste the URL from my listing and I would think post it in the box that said something about shop name, I will give it a try some time today thanks again

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Never heard of SB, thanks Sherlock, will have to give it a try meself.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

All-About sherlock07
    Forum Posts

Thanks again Sherlock signed up for a social beacon account this afternoon have already linked it to my FB, Twitter and Pin It but wasn't sure how to get my listings from e-bid into it, but reading your last message it looks like I copy and paste the URL from my listing and I would think post it in the box that said something about shop name, I will give it a try some time today thanks again
    On the New Post tab it is the box marked url.

You do not need to bother with the beacon storefront settings as that ony works with the 3 linked selling sites.

Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Thanks for the info on Social Beacon. But I'm confused. Their site indicates this is for those who have Etsy, eBay, and/or eBay. They don't say you can link to other sites. So reading your last post it seems that you can still use it -- my question is do you have access to all the features even if you aren't linked to those particular selling sites?
    Thanks.

All-About sherlock07
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JedwinCollectibles View Post
    Thanks for the info on Social Beacon. But I'm confused. Their site indicates this is for those who have Etsy, eBay, and/or eBay. They don't say you can link to other sites. So reading your last post it seems that you can still use it -- my question is do you have access to all the features even if you aren't linked to those particular selling sites?
    Thanks.
    The sites mentioned are fully intregrated into SB, but it still works perfectly with ebid, I don't use any of the other sites, but I guess when you link those sites to SB you will get a link on your listings to post using SB saving you a couple of steps.

Not quite sure what you mean by all the features, but as far as I know the only thing that does not work with ebid is the storefront feature of social beacon.

From the SB help pages about storefront
    Beacon Storefront

Beacon Storefront
    The Beacon Storefront is landing page for when your shared listings sell or expire. If your shared items are part of a supported platform, and you’ve linked your seller accounts with Social Beacon, then Social Beacon will reroute sold, expired, or canceled listings to your Beacon Storefront. Instead of letting the marketplace redirect your buyers to other similar items that may not be sold by you, the Beacon Storefront features only items that you sell.
    Picture
    You can upload your own image or logo to your Beacon Storefront to brand your storefront. The space looks best with square or 4x3 images.
    Store Name
    Input a store name, or a main Header for your store
    Store Description
    Input a store description, tagline, or personal message
    Input a message that customers will see when the item is no longer available for sale.

Hope this helps

Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Yes, this does help very much. Thanks for all the info. I subscribed. I tried to post an item but wasn't successful. Confusing since they don't explain what I was supposed to do when they said I couldn't connect with Facebook. I think it is much easier to just sent things to the social media manually.
    Last edited by JedwinCollectibles; 31st July 2014 at 08:33 PM.

Thread Information