eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: google shopping does it exist for ebid members ????

Forum Lurker
    Highland Springs, Virginia, United States
    View fishrdav's Feedback (+40)
    All-About fishrdav
    View fishrdav's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy google shopping does it exist for ebid members ????

I have went through my coin inventory and corrected the listings for exposure to google shopping. guess what ? they are not shown there !!!! says if we list correctly they should be loaded in just a few minutes. its been just shy of 24 hours and still have not shown up !!!! I would like it if someone could help me in as to why mine will not show up. just my coin inventory not my sports cards. beginning to think someone my have sent me on a SNIPE HUNT........ THANKS DAVID ........... also notice my signature at the bottom of this page I have changed it to heads-or-tails-coins.ebid.net/ how come its still showing as the below signature ?

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: google shopping does it exist for ebid members ????

Quote Originally Posted by headsortailscoins View Post
    I have went through my coin inventory and corrected the listings for exposure to google shopping. guess what ? they are not shown there !!!! says if we list correctly they should be loaded in just a few minutes. its been just shy of 24 hours and still have not shown up !!!! I would like it if someone could help me in as to why mine will not show up. just my coin inventory not my sports cards. beginning to think someone my have sent me on a SNIPE HUNT........ THANKS DAVID ........... also notice my signature at the bottom of this page I have changed it to heads-or-tails-coins.ebid.net/ how come its still showing as the below signature ?
    re coins: Did you put Exempt in the Barcode Box?

re sig: you must have done something wrong - also your current link took me to the eBid main page & not to your listings.....

Forum Lurker
    All-About fishrdav
    View fishrdav's Listings
    Forum Posts

yes I entered exempt , I know the link I changed in my profile page but I hasn't changed here .....david

Forum Lurker
    All-About fishrdav
    View fishrdav's Listings
    Forum Posts

is GAZZA in the house ????

Quote Originally Posted by headsortailscoins View Post
    yes I entered exempt , I know the link I changed in my profile page but I hasn't changed here .....david
    Forum settings are changed independently of eBid settings surely? Try "Forum Actions" at the top...

I replied in your other thread about this, eBid uploads within minutes but Google themselves can take 24 to 48 hours before showing up there. I know this because me & several others were having an issue with Google Shopping & Gazza showed me when they uploaded my auction. It was around 24 hours before mine showed & others were saying theirs didn't show til almost 48 hours.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

From what I understand, it no longer exists for this Lifetime Member. You can read about an email I received from eBid, titled "Did Anyone Else Receive Google Shopping Inclusion Email?" They pay for the service so I guess they are being selective as to sellers/listings to include in upload.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    From what I understand, it no longer exists for this Lifetime Member. You can read about an email I received from eBid, titled "Did Anyone Else Receive Google Shopping Inclusion Email?" They pay for the service so I guess they are being selective as to sellers/listings to include in upload.
    Yeah Gazza had posted sometime back that any seller that gets a lot of clicks through google shopping & don't make any sales they would no longer upload the sellers items. I have been trying to find the post.

They have not updated the help pages to reflect that though.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

i've taken a look for some of my own listings that i knew were featuring on Google shopping and all o those that i searched for no longer feature on this search...one or two show up on a generic search....but not shopping....maybe Ebid are bailing out on many of us?

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

It is a bit unfair to not include ALL sellers in uploading to google shopping. Not right to pick and choose who gets uploaded to it. It is not a sellers fault if they get loads of views and next to no sales. The online market place is very tough and competitive and with a lot of sellers willing to undercut you by selling at a huge loss to themselves makes it harder for others to sell them same item even when they are selling at RRP.

I did a search for one particular Star Wars action figure on google shopping just now and Darth Plagueis that I have listed is not on there but there are others, all higher priced than what I am selling it for. On eBay and elsewhere this figure is over £20 depending on seller so it would benefit eBid to keep me listed on google shopping especially as my prices are below all of my competitors for this particular figure.

Even if I had my own website I would not pay to be on google shopping as my listings show up in generic searches on normal google and bing searches anyway which is what 99.9999999% of the world's population use as most have never heard of google shopping anyway lol.

So what is the point of google shopping when a sellers items will show up on the normal google search engine anyway (and normal Bing searches)? For greedy google to make money from a paid for service that just is not required, google trying to deliver a service that is just not required because anyone can use any search engine and still find a sellers items regardless of anything and you do not need to pay to be included in the results lol.
    Last edited by rokins_toys; 13th August 2014 at 10:00 PM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Thread Information