Thread: Personal poll on google shopping

Forum Lurker
    Highland Springs, Virginia, United States
    View fishrdav's Feedback (+40)
    All-About fishrdav
    View fishrdav's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation Personal poll on google shopping

I just had the time to look up some of my coins that I have listed here on ebid that I thought should show up on google but they haven't . so I did a poll or survey on google and I used an 1899 one dollar silver certificate I have listed and here are my results : there were 612 listings on google for this particular note. 598 were from ebay : 3 - etsy : ecarter - 3 : bonanza - 3 : Neptune - 2 : real - 1 : troc -2. also noticed that lower numbered listings were towards the end of the 612 listings. not only was that interesting but the last page and half for this category did not even have a single entry for this particular item !!!! instead they filled it up with a little bit of everything but not items for that category....
    I my humble opinon I see were GOOGLE SHOPPING caters .... if ebid is paying for this service to use GOOGLE SHOPPING then I would think there monies would be better spent on some advertising cause we here at ebid are not getting it on GOOGLE SHOPPING.... not whinning or crying here and not quitting ebid .... just want to let the community know what I have discovered.

david

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Personal poll on google shopping

Hehe, very true, what eBid spends on google shopping would be better spent on some real advertising especially now eBid are being "selective" on which sellers from eBid they upload to google shopping so eBid are paying the same price but uploading less items/sellers so eBid are paying the same price for less. I think google are just trying to force a paid for service on gullible businesses for the sake of making additional profit for google shareholders when now if I search some of my more popular items on google shopping, they do not show up, but they still show up on the normal google search engine and show up via Bing. So there's just no point for google shopping's existence except to make people unnecessarily pay for an unnecessary service lol. Maybe businesses like eBid will see the light some day?

EDIT: people commenting in this thread also need to bear in mind that eBid are being selective on which sellers and items they are now uploading to google shopping now...
    Last edited by rokins_toys; 15th August 2014 at 12:49 AM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

OP, you say you searched on Google. Did you do the same search on Google Shopping? They are not the same thing.

Almost all my listings show up on Google, which scans everything on the web. If it's a plentiful low-priced stamp it may not get high placement, which is OK.

Only the ones that are priced over $2 show up on Google Shopping (it may be a bit more, depending on the exchange rate), and that's OK too.

View RameRetro's Feedback (+33)
    All-About RameRetro
    View RameRetro's Listings
    Forum Posts

Whether my items appear on Google shopping or not depends on which way the wind is blowing. They are all there today. None of them were in evidence for a while yesterday.
    As for the regular Google search, I have a rare ashtray for sale. It is not a common item but there were no links for ANY ebid collectable ashtrays until page 2 of the search.

"To ebay" and "to Google" are now verbs, such is the extent of their influence in the modern world. You need one or the other to sell successfully on line in any meaningful way. I get a lot of views here (I suspect through Google Shopping) that don't always translate into sales. On TOS, I can achieve a sale for a similar or same item, in as little as 6 views, even though I charge more to cover the fees. I don't know why this is. Maybe shoppers don't trust the ebid brand?. Few have even heard of it. Which comes back to advertising. Do we need it? Doesn't any business?

Without Ebay, you need Google shopping to at least bring in window shoppers. Without either, you're screwed, unless you want to shell out on your own expensive website and pay for lots of pricey advertising.
    Last edited by RameRetro; 14th August 2014 at 08:04 AM. Reason: spelling grammar

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

When buying stuff I rarely find that Google Shopping helps. However, I haven't had any problem with listings appearing on Google Shopping. Make sure you use a bar code where relevant, and/or EXEMPT, and/or your store is marked exempt.

I cannot even see a 1899 one for sale from you on here.
    I see a 1923, several 1957, 1933

However, have you put exempt in the barcode field?

Forum Lurker
    Highland Springs, Virginia, United States
    View fishrdav's Feedback (+40)
    All-About fishrdav
    View fishrdav's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    I cannot even see a 1899 one for sale from you on here.
    I see a 1923, several 1957, 1933

However, have you put exempt in the barcode field?
    second page of my listings about 2/3 down 1899 silver certificate , yes put exempt in barcode box used very few caps and went by the instructions found here on ebid.... anymore suggestions ? david

Forum Newbie
    All-About HandmadeElect
    View HandmadeElect's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by headsortailscoins View Post
    I just had the time to look up some of my coins that I have listed here on ebid that I thought should show up on google but they haven't .
    david
    You maybe selling too much stuff and Google wants someone else to have a turn.

I have found because Google listed you in Shopping today doesn't mean you will be listed tomorrow. Then again, you might get listed the day after. Shopping is a bit erratic at times.

Thread Information