Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not sure what to do

Default Re: Not sure what to do

I feel sorry for you as well yng1998, I am constantly adding new listings to e-bid with give away prices, luckily I am not actually a trader and only selling items from my own collections so no actual outlay, the same as yourself I have plenty of views but only 2 sales (In 4 Months) from the same person on the same day for 2 records I messed up listing which he would have paid over £50.00 for on TOS, hoping that it picks up later in the year but the same as yourself I am probably looking at an email from e-bid to, good luck for the future anyways and hope you have many sales to come

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sellers being pulled from google shopping is pointless due to lack of sales despite high views. Not the sellers' fault. Cannot force people to buy form you. eBid gets more window shoppers than actual sales. Do buyers have a lack of confidence with eBid and the sellers here? What does it cost eBid financially to be involved in an unnecessary service like google shopping when your items can be found on normal google and bing searches anyway? Would it be better for eBid to quit google shopping and invest that money in some real advertising instead to get the eBid name out there and gain shoppers' trust? Yep. Will it happen? Nope. Stagnant sales all round until they do...
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Forum Newbie
    Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View pmfsupplies's Feedback (+114)
    All-About pmfsupplies
    View pmfsupplies's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree they shouldnt pull from google shopping - surely more traffic = more sales in the long run? Perhaps if you land here through google shopping there should be an interim redirect to a click through ad or something similar whereby this site recoups a bit of cash for itself?
    Im honestly happy to pay 2 or 3pc on anything I sell here... the platforms good to use, clean looking as its not overloaded with flash anim ads and easy to navigate. Just need some serious buyers!! (because I only sell serious stuff haha!!)

RE- Rokins - I think you have hit the nail on the head in regards to lack of confidence, no advertising and not being all over the press on a regular basis has an obvious impact, it makes people shy away as they are worried about being scammed for their hard earned. Have now bought a few bits on here with no problem, so am personally now confident in purchasing via the site, was a little wary at first however.

@ OP, would suggest not worrying, go with flow and hopefully make some sales

cheers

View yng1998's Feedback (+884)
    All-About yng1998
    View yng1998's Listings
    Forum Posts

I never thought a coupon would make a difference but you could be right. I added the coupon code this year so maybe that has affected my sales. I'm going to remove it as see what happens. Thanks.
    Visit my stores:

http://yvonnes-vintage-more.ebid.net/ for vintage collectibles

http://yvonnes-fun-4-all.ebid.net/ for toys, books and clothing

http://vintage-stitching.ebid.net/ for vintage craft items

View RameRetro's Feedback (+33)
    All-About RameRetro
    View RameRetro's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yng1998 View Post
    I have been selling here for awhile now. Sales haven't always been great but I have always managed to have a few sales a month. I love the site - it is always so easy to list and edit items etc. That is why I stay. I make my living by having sales on a couple of other sites. Lately I have had barely any sales on here and ebid noticed. They sent me an email telling me that something is wrong with my listings because they have been uploaded to Google shopping and 244 people clicked through to view my items in the last month but only 1 person bought something. I should review the descriptions, the images, the prices or that my products have limited appeal.
    They went on to say something to the effect that it costs money to upload to google and that they reserve the right not to upload to google. So basically we won't help you sell anything if you don't sell anything. I didn't think they had been uploading anything anyway because when I would randomly check to see if it was on google I wouldn't find it. That has been going on for a very long time and I got sick of dealing with it and decided to put my energies elsewhere.
    My images are the same that I use on other sites - my descriptions are the same that I use on other sites - Most of the products on here I have sold on other sites. My auctions prices and often my Buy it now prices are less than other sites. The only thing I can think of is that the postage prices are more here because it is sent standard or priority postage and parcel select is not available. Any suggestions would be great, thanks.
    I feel for you too. How can ebid say that your items have limited appeal if people are clicking on them? If they weren't appealing then they wouldn't!

Like you, I list all my stock on here and selectively post some of it on TOS with same photos and details, yet at a higher price due to the extortionate fees..... and they sell!

I do sell things on here so it is far from impossible, but I agree with Rokins. I am sure that buyers don't have too much confidence in the ebid brand. Buyers are obviously finding our items in quite large numbers but something is stopping them buying from ebid.

I think it is down to ebid to raise its profile. I for one would be willing to pay extra to enable them to do it. I really like it here and I sense a tremendous amount of loyalty from the sellers here towards ebid. Against that backdrop, the emails being sent out threatening to pull items (that are selling elsewhere, so not the seller's fault!) from Google shopping feels a bit unfortunate.

Forum Newbie
    All-About HandmadeElect
    View HandmadeElect's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yng1998 View Post
    Perhaps we will even have an influx of vintage and collectible sellers to this site due to more changes ebay will be making in 2015. Perhaps I will choose to leave there completely as well.
    Ebay trafiic is down considerably and a lot of sellers there are complaining about doing 20-30% of what they were doing just a few years ago. No doubt some of the drop is due to Amazon and other competing sites. The security issue made the declining slope in traffic all the more sharper downwards.

Certainly Ebid has an opportunity for more vendors as the latest policy changes by Ebay have caused a great deal of concern and unhappiness with smaller sellers. There can be an opportunity here for Ebid.

It is quite possible Ebid has to build up it's brand image. Ebay did quite a good job of making a name for themselves while Ebid is still a relative unknown. Maybe Google Shopping was their way of bringing people in but Google shopping is pretty expensive and attracts a lot of tire kickers. So potential customers click a listing on GS and end up on a site they never heard about and that chills them, even if you offer a payment service like PayPal to help hem feel more secure. They do a quick price check and are off to comparison shop elsewhere.

Thread Information