Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Pinterest - Wot Am I Doing Wrong?

Default Pinterest - Wot Am I Doing Wrong?

According to the rules, it should theoretically possible to earn 20 Buddy Points for each Socal Media feed on My Social. But despite having completed the usual Facebook and Twitter, I can't seem to get the Pinterest one to work.

I have a Pinterest account and I clicked the button to Follow eBid and they are showing up as someone I follow. The next stage is to send your Pinterest id to Ebid so that they can validate this activity and award your points.

I have submitted my ID to eBid 3 times using 3 different browsers...but no Buddy Points.

What am I doing wrong? Are you only allowed to have so many points for Social Media, i.e. 5 feeds @20 points each but you can only earn a maximum of 80 points?

Would be good to know as this is using up a lot of time submitting and re-submitting!

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Pinterest - Wot Am I Doing Wrong?

Go into your 'My eBid' / 'My BuddyPoints' - you should have a grey box with text in appear in middle of screen.

Click on 'My Social' at the bottom of the grey box and follow instructions.

HTH.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Go into your 'My eBid' / 'My BuddyPoints' - you should have a grey box with text in appear in middle of screen.

Click on 'My Social' at the bottom of the grey box and follow instructions.

HTH.
    Sorry if I gave the impression that I just randomly followed eBid on Pinterest and expected the points to be added. That wasn't the case at all!

I went through 'My Social' on the first and subsequent occasions that I did this. I submitted my Pinterest username to eBid, I received the message to "be patient", I waited the required 48 hours....and NOTHING. Still appearing as a red cross on "My Social". So have tried now 3 times, each time using a different browser.

I do remember having probs and I think I had to have a few go's at it, but then I had awful probs with Pinterest to start with, had to keep resetting the password as it wouldn't let me in.
    Cant remember exactly what it was but vaguely think it was something to do with pinterest adding another digit to my name, might be worth checking.

Just looked, when I go to my profile, the name in the address bar has a 7 on the end, which it didn't tell me it was going to put there, so when I entered my user name on ebid, it didn't register as I hadn't added the 7 to the end.
    Last edited by zaranvalesasterix; 20th August 2014 at 10:53 AM.

I had trouble getting the points for pinterest also, I had to contact support for them to fix it. support@ebid.net

Am I imagining things or have a lot of the official Ebid boards disappeared from Pinterest? I had joined several group boards but now I can only see 2 or 3 of them!? There seem to be more boards hosted by individuals now.

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

Quote Originally Posted by TreasuredBargains View Post
    Am I imagining things or have a lot of the official Ebid boards disappeared from Pinterest? I had joined several group boards but now I can only see 2 or 3 of them!? There seem to be more boards hosted by individuals now.
    eBid revamped their pinterest boards & users can no longer pin to them.

Thread Information