Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Looking for some Advice from fellow Sellers!

View greenmasons's Feedback (+31)
    All-About greenmasons
    View greenmasons's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Looking for some Advice from fellow Sellers!

Good afternoon eBidders,

I've been spending the last few weeks increasing the size of my Photo Art store and I've created another one to focus on low-cost Greeting Cards as well.
    I'm using the 'Plug Your Auctions' part of this forum and contacting people on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

On looking at the number of views, some of my auctions have had a 1-2 and others have had 40-50 but so far no sales.

I just thought i'd drop a message just to ask if anyone had any additional tips on how to get a few sales moving.... a bit of constructive or encouraging support. I know there isn't a magic spell to do this but I'm feeling a bit dis-encouraged at the moment!

Thank you all

Matthew
    Photo Art Shop - Greetings Cards, Postcards, Prints and more from my beautiful range of photography taken around the UK.

Default Re: Looking for some Advice from fellow Sellers!

Please could you note that conditions of the use of the eBid site are that there should be no postings with links to external e-commerce sites. Your eBid listings are giving links to your own e-commerce website.

Please could you check your pricing. Your special offer of three for £6 appears where the single list price is £1. To me, 3 x £1 = £3, not £6, so I am a bit confused about the special offer.

Many thanks.

All-About greenmasons
    Forum Posts

Thank you for the reply.

At first I was thinking 'what link' and then to my horror realised that after all this time it was there on my generic description layout!! haha
    I've done a Bulk Edit to get rid of that mistake, phew!

And I've edited the Notice so that it will only appear within the relevant categories.

Cheers for the advice,

Matthew
    Photo Art Shop - Greetings Cards, Postcards, Prints and more from my beautiful range of photography taken around the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasons View Post
    Good afternoon eBidders,

I just thought i'd drop a message just to ask if anyone had any additional tips on how to get a few sales moving.... a bit of constructive or encouraging support. I know there isn't a magic spell to do this but I'm feeling a bit dis-encouraged at the moment!

Thank you all

Matthew
    Isn't this the time that the English say something like, "keep a stiff upper lip?" Some things take time.

One thing you might want to consider is adding actual postage rates or something in your description. Looking at your items showing on the US site, in shipping costs I see "see description", but there is nothing in your description about what the shipping costs will be. Usually when I see this I just move on ... you do have some wonderful pictures.

Hi, I had a look as well. And, my comments were along the lines of what hurrybe4itsgone wrote. Nice pictures and listings, but I couldn't find the shipping and handling charges.

Good luck!

All-About greenmasons
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    Isn't this the time that the English say something like, "keep a stiff upper lip?" Some things take time.

One thing you might want to consider is adding actual postage rates or something in your description. Looking at your items showing on the US site, in shipping costs I see "see description", but there is nothing in your description about what the shipping costs will be. Usually when I see this I just move on ... you do have some wonderful pictures.
    Hello, Thank you very much for the advice on the International Shipping... I think I've updated this correctly on all the listings now! Thank goodness the Bulk Edit is available to change things quickly :-)

I think the older generation have used that term... I remember my Grandad saying it to me when I was very little. And to keep my elbows off the table at lunch-time!

Thread Information