All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Unpleasant Surprise in New PayPal User Agreement

An Unpleasant Surprise in New PayPal User Agreement
    By Ina Steiner
    EcommerceBytes.com
    September 18, 2014

Online sellers who accept PayPal payments on or off eBay were in for a surprise this week when they noticed changes to the company's user agreement. Catching the most attention was an extension to the Dispute Filing Window. Buyers will now be able to file Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described claims against sellers for up to 6 months after purchase.

"We're increasing the time for buyers to file a merchandise dispute (Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described) from 45 days to 180 days," according to the update page on PayPal.

The policy change seems as unpopular with U.S. sellers as it was with UK sellers when PayPal UK rolled it out there in June.

Sellers who accept PayPal payments from international buyers must also acquaint themselves with PayPal policies in other countries, as should sellers of custom-made goods.

For international payments: "If you as a seller, sell an item to a buyer from another country, you will be subject to the Buyer and Seller Protection policies applicable to your buyer's country and required to reimburse PayPal for any payment or refund to your buyer made pursuant to that other country's policy," the payment service explained.

And for custom-made products: "We're extending buyer protection for all buyers to include Item Not Received claims for custom made products." But PayPal will continue its policy of not covering SNAD claims (Significantly Not As Described) for custom-made products.

The full Policy Update can be found on the PayPal website here and includes a number of tweaks. It goes into effect on November 18, 2014.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Unpleasant Surprise in New PayPal User Agreement

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    An Unpleasant Surprise in New PayPal User Agreement
    By Ina Steiner
    EcommerceBytes.com
    September 18, 2014

Online sellers who accept PayPal payments on or off eBay were in for a surprise this week when they noticed changes to the company's user agreement. Catching the most attention was an extension to the Dispute Filing Window. Buyers will now be able to file Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described claims against sellers for up to 6 months after purchase.

"We're increasing the time for buyers to file a merchandise dispute (Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described) from 45 days to 180 days," according to the update page on PayPal.

The policy change seems as unpopular with U.S. sellers as it was with UK sellers when PayPal UK rolled it out there in June.

Sellers who accept PayPal payments from international buyers must also acquaint themselves with PayPal policies in other countries, as should sellers of custom-made goods.

For international payments: "If you as a seller, sell an item to a buyer from another country, you will be subject to the Buyer and Seller Protection policies applicable to your buyer's country and required to reimburse PayPal for any payment or refund to your buyer made pursuant to that other country's policy," the payment service explained.

And for custom-made products: "We're extending buyer protection for all buyers to include Item Not Received claims for custom made products." But PayPal will continue its policy of not covering SNAD claims (Significantly Not As Described) for custom-made products.

The full Policy Update can be found on the PayPal website here and includes a number of tweaks. It goes into effect on November 18, 2014.
    We've had this since April in UK.

View selkab's Feedback (+1297)
    All-About selkab
    View selkab's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was wondering if this could not work out to be an advantage when using global surface shipping where it can take 2 to 3 months for a parcel to arrive.

Warning: That links to maullwere
    warning: That links to maullwere

Forum Lurker
    All-About tidewater50
    View tidewater50's Listings
    Forum Posts

This falls in line with Ebays new policy's, where buyers can request a return, and the seller is forced to either pay the shipping to get the item back, or the buyer gets to keep the item, plus they get their entire cost of the item, back, So the seller takes the loss.

With 180 days now on Paypal, this is outrageous, this allows buyers to get an item, use it for 6 months, then file a claim, its not as described, perfect for scammers.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Maybe a case of PayPal in cahoots with eBay working to kill off the smaller seller.

I am still wondering how things will change when they split and ebay don't have as easy access to the paypal money...

We need a few legal people on here to give their views as sellers...

The world is a very topsy turvey place :-(
    Our general listings page - anything that you may have seen elsewhere, that is not yet listed, happy to set up the listing :-)
    ✓Over *600 listings*

Shops under construction...
    Send a Sixpence - for almost any occasion...
    Something for the Season - Many unique gifts for all seasons, Bonfire Night to Thanksgiving...
    Post a Penny - for almost any occasion...
    YDC listings... here

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Using the "new" Paypal policy, you need never pay for a pair of shoes again.

If you think I'm joking, just watch the upcoming the eBay forums.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by squern View Post
    Using the "new" Paypal policy, you need never pay for a pair of shoes again.....
    Or a prophylactic.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Thread Information