eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Very disappointed with eBid seller.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Very disappointed with eBid seller.

agreed all sellers should have terms and conditions but even then a lot of buyers dont read them for example you can ask buyers to wait for an invoice when purchasing multiple items but some dont and pay for every purchase individually therefore the seller is hit with multiple paypal fees.

Quote Originally Posted by purplestevie View Post
    agreed all sellers should have terms and conditions but even then a lot of buyers dont read them for example you can ask buyers to wait for an invoice when purchasing multiple items but some dont and pay for every purchase individually therefore the seller is hit with multiple paypal fees.
    You are so right there .... I have a repeat buyer who does exactly that, buys one then pays, buys another, pays, and so on.
    Despite all requests to wait for or ask for a total invoice it seems that they are compelled to pay immediately for each purchase.
    I have refunded all payments and sent a final bill a couple of times, but hey-ho.... a sale is a sale, so I ain't complaining!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Dispatch and arrival times can be complicated.

Some of our personalised items are very time intensive. We always add on a few extra days to give us this time but also some breathing space of the dear Royal Mail who too often cannot deliver as they should, and too many buyers unrealistic expectation of Royal Mail.

Elsewhere we had feedback that included the item had arrived that day... when we checked the sent out date it was 15 working days previous! 15 working days for RM to deliver a 1st class item!! Fortunately the buyer had been away or patient or realistic about the post office and had not been nasty to us... makes a change.

When I have needed something for a certain date
    1) I always check with the seller
    2) I would pay for 1st class (too many people expect something promptly and will only pay 2nd class!!!)
    3) I would pay - and ALWAYS recommend to use to be signed for as Royal Mail seem a little more observant about getting those to where they should be in better time!

Our trip to the post office is 3 THREE hours round trip. When we are busy we go a little more often, however when not as busy within the time given.

A few months back I ordered 2 books, one from amazon (next day delivery) and one from ebid.
    Neither had arrived about 10 days later.... both missed what they were needed for.
    Our general listings page - anything that you may have seen elsewhere, that is not yet listed, happy to set up the listing :-)
    ✓Over *600 listings*

Shops under construction...
    Send a Sixpence - for almost any occasion...
    Something for the Season - Many unique gifts for all seasons, Bonfire Night to Thanksgiving...
    Post a Penny - for almost any occasion...
    YDC listings... here

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    You are so right there .... I have a repeat buyer who does exactly that, buys one then pays, buys another, pays, and so on.
    Despite all requests to wait for or ask for a total invoice it seems that they are compelled to pay immediately for each purchase.
    I have refunded all payments and sent a final bill a couple of times, but hey-ho.... a sale is a sale, so I ain't complaining!
    I have suffered from this as well.
    My fear is that this problem will grow if and when some sellers can require immediate payment for their listings. Buyers could easily assume that this is a site requirement not just a few sellers.

Thread Information