eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Very disappointed with eBid seller.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Very disappointed with eBid seller.

If its urgent its always best to contact the seller before you purchase i certainly would

View pastime's Feedback (+197)
    All-About pastime
    View pastime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, it is disappointing. I've learnt the hard way not to pay until receiving a response to an email, both via eBid system and directly to personal email address.
    It was suggested in one of the threads to request an invoice, and that's what I now do.
    But on one of the items I recently requested there was no answer and no way to cancel the order, I went out and bought the item locally: then I received an invoice and felt obliged to carry through the order. Result, item stuck in cupboard as a possible back-up (which will probably end up being set to the charity shop at the next clear-out).
    It gives and bad impression and makes it difficult for all of us to attract future buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    .... we cant all just go to the PO when an order comes in
    Ditto.
    I'm retired. The local PO is a mile & 1/2 walk. (3 round trip)
    I state in my listings that i ship on Tuesdays.
    On Tuesdays i bus into the city for grocerys & the PO.
    If a customer asks for sooner, i would probably take the walk to the local PO.
    But so far no one has asked.

The point is, if you have a deadline, let it be known.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

At the end of the day there are bad buyers as well as sellers if you want an item fast get in touch with the seller before you purchase. If buyers want /fast shipping etc they must communicate with the seller.

I cannot post everyday either im not Argos, tesco, m&s or the original factory shop i dont employ any staff and i only have one pair of hands, i look after relatives and my house too so please buyers please show some common sense.

Well, sorry about the delay in replying. First, the seller has refunded me. No problem there. However, with regard to checking for delivery times, the seller (item no. 107177259) does have a first-class Royal Mail option, which I paid for, assuming that delivery time would be OK.
    First class, eight day window, why should I have to check, by the way? Surely, I am not being unreasonable?
    I also checked the seller's latest feedback, and he has had a couple of previous failed deliveries.
    Anyway, I have given him the benefit of the doubt and left him positive feedback in view of his prompt response.
    Thanks to everyone for the input and advice.
    Last edited by 0verdrive; 3rd October 2014 at 09:37 PM.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I hope your next purchase will be a better experience

Forum Newbie
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View FatSpider's Feedback (+193)
    All-About FatSpider
    View FatSpider's Listings
    Forum Posts

All I can say is I am appalled by some of the responses to the OP's question.

There is NO excuse for poor service, if you can only post on certain days it should be clearly stated in your listings, if something crops up and you can't post within a stated time the customer should be informed immediately, whatever happened to good manners?, and what's the point of advertising First Class Post if your not going to dispatch it the following day or even the same day assuming the order is received in time.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well i bought a item on ebid tuesday night , the seller informed me just shy of 24hrs later that they are on holiday this week and will be back friday to post the item, no holiday notice , so was a tad disappointed i wont receive the item this week, but im not in any particular rush for it, interestingly after an hour or so i checked to see when the seller last logged in it was 21.01 half an hour after the sale,

being a seller my self i can understand a seller still wanting to gain a sale while there away, not something i would do, but here is a opportunity for ebid to add a purchase buy while the seller is away informing the buyer the seller is away, that would only work of course if the seller enables such a purchase option.

my buy before that went like clock work,

my buy before the above was areal confused mess along the lines of "ive posted your item" ive had the item returned by the courier" they have come back to pick up the item" the item is on the way to you but its not exactly as described"

so it did arrive a full 7 days after payment and nothing was wrong with the item,

now the seller had been on ebid for years and not had a sale for years but had regularly logged in, must of been a bit of a shock for them to get the sale, and maybe find the item, as for all the delays i guess they had a moral dilemma because it turned out the postage had gone up quite a bit since the item was first listed, they did not waste time amending the listing for a identical item ,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdrive View Post
    Well, sorry about the delay in replying. First, the seller has refunded me. No problem there. However, with regard to checking for delivery times, the seller (item no. 107177259) does have a first-class Royal Mail option, which I paid for, assuming that delivery time would be OK.
    First class, eight day window, why should I have to check, by the way? Surely, I am not being unreasonable?
    I also checked the seller's latest feedback, and he has had a couple of previous failed deliveries.
    Anyway, I have given him the benefit of the doubt and left him positive feedback in view of his prompt response.
    Thanks to everyone for the input and advice.
    I'm glad it all worked out for you with getting your money back, and, it is so very refreshing to see someone actually give a seller positive feedback on a transaction that went sour but you were eventually made whole again, kudos to you!

Quote Originally Posted by FatSpider View Post
    All I can say is I am appalled by some of the responses to the OP's question.

There is NO excuse for poor service, if you can only post on certain days it should be clearly stated in your listings, if something crops up and you can't post within a stated time the customer should be informed immediately, whatever happened to good manners?, and what's the point of advertising First Class Post if your not going to dispatch it the following day or even the same day assuming the order is received in time.
    I agree with this post. When someone chooses to do business with me I consider it a privilege and make sure to do things promptly. Posting an item the following day after payment is not very much to ask and if it is a big deal to do this, in my opinion, the seller should be very clear about it ie; post it boldly in a different color than the description and taller letters on every listing.

Thread Information