eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very disappointed with eBid seller.

Default Very disappointed with eBid seller.

I have recently been making an effort to source what I need from ebid when it is available. Last Thursday, I ordered some plastic shopping bags for an event in support of McMillan nurses which is taking place tomorrow. However, I have still not had delivery from the seller, and am beginning to wonder if he is actually based in the UK as stated in his details. These bags were urgently required for the sale of new clothing, tomorrow, but now it looks as though they're not going to arrive. I have emailed the seller, today, telling him to cancel the order, as the bags are no longer required. If they arrive tomorrow, it will be too late, a we will have left home for the event.
    Don't sellers appreciate the importance of prompt delivery? I don't expect next day, but it is now six working days since I paid.
    I shall definitely be giving him a negative.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Very disappointed with eBid seller.

i presume you initailly contacted the seller to inform them when you needed the bags? When i purchase i always check when the seller last logged in and their feedback to see if they are still active.
    I have also emailed sellers before i have purchased just to make sure.
    Last edited by purplestevie; 26th September 2014 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purplestevie View Post
    i presume you initailly contacted the seller to inform them when you needed the bags? When i purchase i always check when the seller last logged in and their feedback to see if they are still active.
    I have also emailed sellers before i have purchased just to make sure.
    Never having had this problem before, no, I didn't check. I also thought that as he was ostensibly in the UK, that six days would be a reasonable time for delivery. I assume if people are running sales, then they are active. I have had no communication from the seller, whatsoever, and am wondering if I can do cashback via Paypal.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

I cannot find a purchase for plastic shopping bags. Do you have the listing id 0verdrive?
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Its hardly expecting too much to expect to have received the purchased items in a fairly short timescale. Whats wrong with shipping the packag the next working day?. or even the day after that....there should be no need to have to ask for this to be done.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=cerealmunkee;1625217]Its hardly expecting too much to expect to have received the purchased items in a fairly short timescale. Whats wrong with shipping the packag the next working day?. or even the day after that....there should be no need to have to ask for this to be done.[/QUOTe

If the bags were needed for a special event i would have contacted the seller before the purchase to make sure that they could be delivered on time for the event.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    I cannot find a purchase for plastic shopping bags. Do you have the listing id 0verdrive?
    Same here.

Ok - wild guess time.

Are these the 100 grip and seal bags?

Because there would appear to be a glitch on an item purchased (an API glitch) where the page ends on the listing description with the purchase activity not available. I know one has been sold because the amount has gone down - however with the page ending as it does without displaying any bid/buy activity, as is standard - then I am not totally convinced that the seller would actually know there is a sale(?) because technically it hasn't been registered as such.

(If it is not the grip and seal then the items are probably from the same seller)
    Last edited by deanosaur1972; 27th September 2014 at 11:58 AM.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    Its hardly expecting too much to expect to have received the purchased items in a fairly short timescale. Whats wrong with shipping the packag the next working day?. or even the day after that....there should be no need to have to ask for this to be done.
    perhaps its due to the way that i do things, but when i receive payment for anything no matter how small or apparently inconsequential i assume that its required asap, and i like to get it sent off at the first opportunity. I've never understood why some sellers can take as long as 10 days to get something to their buyers....like i say its just how i do things.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I occasionally do take longer than the three days i state as i suffer ill health and am not always physically able to get out. If an item is going to take longer i do let the customer know but we cant all just go to the PO when an order comes in
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Thread Information