eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Needed :) Please i am new to Ebid

Default Help Needed :) Please i am new to Ebid

Hi

Before i mention the problem's, I am new to Ebid so please correct me if I am writing in the wrong place

I have been a member know for 4 days, i thought I would give Ebid a try as I constantly hear about this market place on other forums and was fed up of large fee's other sites charge.

My problem's are-

1. None of my items are uploaded to Google shopping?
    2. I have not had one sale from the 70 auctions I have since I joined?

Am i missing something?Doing something Wrong?

Please any advise will be helpful

Thanks

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Help Needed :) Please i am new to Ebid

Quote Originally Posted by lightswitchsticks View Post
    Hi

Before i mention the problem's, I am new to Ebid so please correct me if I am writing in the wrong place

I have been a member know for 4 days, i thought I would give Ebid a try as I constantly hear about this market place on other forums and was fed up of large fee's other sites charge.

My problem's are-

1. None of my items are uploaded to Google shopping?
    2. I have not had one sale from the 70 auctions I have since I joined?

Am i missing something?Doing something Wrong?

Please any advise will be helpful

Thanks
    Hi lightswitchsticks, Welcome to the Forum.

Re 1 ~ if you haven't met the criteria when listing then items won't be uploaded to Google shopping. Criteria is here:

http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#48

Re 2 ~ RUS (Run Until Sold) items stay at the bottom of the viewing stacks.... greater visibility can be had by listing say 7 or 10 days & using 10 auto reposts ~ that way your items will be constantly moving to the top of the viewings lists.

As a Seller+ you can have up to 5 free Stores ~ I made better sales once I had set up my Stores.
    Having said that, eBid is a smaller site with lesser footfall but growing.
    Learning how eBid works & how to make it work for you will be well worth the effort in the longer term. I hope you will stay for that (like I did) ~ you have good items.

Hi Cheaver

Thanks for your advice, can see you have done well on here, well done

I will stick with it, I have over 300 items to get on here and am currently loading stock on here night by night, keeping it to roughly 20 a night

I have tried sticking with the Google guidelines but no luck!! I'm not sure what I have done wrong?

I'm just getting used to it, just opened the 1st shop, what do I do with my other 4 shops, I only have one different type of stock to list (Embroidery)

Do i keep each store limited to lets say 100 stickers and then put another 100 in another shop? Maybe put the 2nd shop in another relevant category?

Also I will get the auctions changed to 10 days and use the auto-re list

Your help is appreciated

Thanks

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lightswitchsticks View Post
    Hi Cheaver

I have tried sticking with the Google guidelines but no luck!! I'm not sure what I have done wrong?

I'm just getting used to it, just opened the 1st shop, what do I do with my other 4 shops, I only have one different type of stock to list (Embroidery)

Do i keep each store limited to lets say 100 stickers and then put another 100 in another shop? Maybe put the 2nd shop in another relevant category?

Also I will get the auctions changed to 10 days and use the auto-re list

Your help is appreciated

Thanks
    If it were me I would put all the stickers in the one Store together. Then I would open another Store for your Embroidery - maybe the Crafts section would be appropriate?

Re Google - if you have handmade the stickers yourself then you should put Exempt in the barcode box. If you have Bar Code & Brand name then you should put that in instead.

I also pin my items when I list them on Pinterest. I don't do Facebook or Twitter but I hear quite a few say they have success with promoting that way.
    There's also the Plug Your Auction forum where you can advertise - but see the Rules, only one plug per 24 hours etc....

You are more than welcome. It took me a while to get going... about a month or so. Try to hang in there & spend the time getting to grips with all the new stuff that comes with using a new site in the meantime.

You are welcome.

Hi Lightswitchsticks,

I joined about a week ago and have just come onto the forum to ask exactly the same as you! I can't see my products on google shopping either, although i entered the brands as asked. My items have had a fair few views but no-ones bought anything yet. I've got hundreds of items to upload but wondering whether to actually bother now

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fancyfunctions View Post
    Hi Lightswitchsticks,

I joined about a week ago and have just come onto the forum to ask exactly the same as you! I can't see my products on google shopping either, although i entered the brands as asked. My items have had a fair few views but no-ones bought anything yet. I've got hundreds of items to upload but wondering whether to actually bother now
    The barcode is more important than the brand, If you do not have a barcode put exempt in the barcode box,

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock07 View Post
    The barcode is more important than the brand, If you do not have a barcode put exempt in the barcode box,
    Fab, thanks Sherlock07

Forum Newbie
    View kennison's Feedback (+1)
    All-About kennison
    View kennison's Listings
    Forum Posts

I also am new here. Currently have 101 items posted in 3 categories at very fair prices (lower than the same items on eBay). There have been 511 "views" but not one sale (some sports cards as low as 65c). I can't believe this lack of sales.
    Last edited by kennison; 15th October 2014 at 12:17 AM.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kennison View Post
    I also am new here. Currently have 101 items posted in 3 categories at very fair prices (lower than the same items on eBay). There have been 511 "views" but not one sale (some sports cards as low as 65c). I can't believe this lack of sales.
    First of all, you state who you are on Ebay on your Me page, so, guess where the buyers will go? Consider editing your Me page without mentioning TOS.

You have a lot of items below the $1 amount (whether bid or buynow) which eBid won't upload to Google Shopping.

Google Shopping have rules about all caps in titles - they will be amended when uploaded and may not be to your liking. They also do not like words ie COMBINED SHIPPING in titles - just stick to actual keywords of item. Also, make sure you are not using the same titles as you do on TOS as Google Shopping will pick those up first before considering your eBid ones.

Your titles need to include words like ie sports card to be noticed in search even though you have them listed in the sports card category.

Consider editing your descriptions to include the title so that there is actual information about the card.

Run Until Sold listings stay stuck at the bottom of the eBid search list. Consider editing at least 40% of your 101 listings as 'live' with about 5 or 7 or 10 days with up to 10 auto relists (3 days is not long enough for the Google Shopping search engines to pick up). You also have a listing with 3 days > 1st bid - this is worse than RUS listings. Consider amending to a live listing.

Hope this helps for now.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Its important to remember that Ebid is not as well known as some other marketplaces, and due to this it is worth keeping your expectations as to the sites sales potential in check...the number one attraction that brings buyers to Ebid is Google and this is the area where the most work is needed by new sellers.

Google require a fixed price, makers name, makers part number, barcode....as already mentioned, in the absence of the latter three parts of information "exempt" will need to be inserted into the appropriate section of the Ebid listing form.

Using auto repost when creating your listings is well worthwhile if you're listing in a heavily populated category, and sure enough as your listing times out it will indeed rise to the top of the internal Ebid search....if however you are planning to list within unpopulated and sparsely populated categories then in effect you'll often always see your listings sat at the top end of the relevant pages....in many cases you may be the owner seller in such categories and here using the run until sold option is perfectly appropriate....and it will save you administration time in managing your listings.

Thread Information