Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: New to eBid - bought something but no response from seller

Default New to eBid - bought something but no response from seller

Hi

I am very very new to eBid having been recommended by a seller at a convention I visited last weekend

I have posted one item for sale, but in the week bought a toy but as of today there as been no response from the seller

It was a Buy it Now and I have paid using PayPal

How long should I wait? What do I do if I don't hear from the seller?

All help appreciated

Default Re: New to eBid - bought something but no response from seller

Welcome to eBid. If you have paid using Paypal then you would be able to open a dispute on the Paypal site if the seller doesn't supply the goods.

How many days have you been waiting ? Is the seller new ? When did they last log into eBid ? Do they state a dispatch time ? It depends on a lot of things.

Have you tried contacting the seller ? If you have and haven't had a reply then I would try emailing them direct to their own email address which you will find with their details at the bottom of the listing. If the seller is new then sometimes eBid emails can end up in people's spam folders if the person hasn't got their email settings correct.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

What Becky said, do try contacting the seller through eBid as well as personal e mail as some sellers don't check in as often as they should. You can check a seller's last check in date by clicking on a listing and you'll see Most Recent Activity on the left hand side under Meet the Seller. IMHO it's always a good idea to ask a question about a listing before bidding/buying (you can always make one up if needs be) from a seller if they haven't checked in for a while or you haven't dealt with the seller before, this will let you know if the seller is active on the site.

If you don't get any response within a reasonable period of time, you can always file a claim through Paypal or your credit card company to get your money back.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSteve View Post
    Hi

I am very very new to eBid having been recommended by a seller at a convention I visited last weekend

I have posted one item for sale, but in the week bought a toy but as of today there as been no response from the seller

It was a Buy it Now and I have paid using PayPal

How long should I wait? What do I do if I don't hear from the seller?

All help appreciated
    A few years ago i purchased a Cd from an Ebid seller....and some time elapsed between making the payment and receiving acknowledgement that there was a transaction.
    The reason was due to the seller in question being so surprised to have actually made a sale over here after a long period of being dormant.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't know how you can know the reason for the delay, unless the seller told you.

We know there are people who list, and then sit back hoping for something to happen, and for the notification to reach them magically through the ether. But most people don't - they check in at least daily.

I agree that something ought to be done about slumbering sellers because it gives eBid a bad name. But I don't know what. I suspect they are the same people who whinge about never making a sale.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by squern View Post
    I agree that something ought to be done about slumbering sellers because it gives eBid a bad name. But I don't know what. I suspect they are the same people who whinge about never making a sale.
    It wouldn't surprise me terribly much.

I'd heard at one time that eBid was purging accounts of inactive sellers (those who hadn't signed in for long periods of time) not sure if they're still doing this or what happened as a result, (guess I lost the plot again as usual)...

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information