Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Payment claimed to have been sent, but has not been received.

Forum Newbie
    Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    View kradinsky's Feedback (+3)
    All-About kradinsky
    View kradinsky's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Payment claimed to have been sent, but has not been received.

I recently sold an item, and the buyer claimed to not be able to pay via pppay. I therefore suggested payment via postal order. The buyer then claimed to have sent payment by this method, using Recorded Delivery, and additionally claimed that Royal Mail say that the postal order was delivered and signed for. However, I did not receive it and did not sign for it. The buyer now says that he has lodged a complaint with Ebid, but he is refusing to let me have the tracking number so that I can check out his story with Royal Mail. If he genuinely sent payment by Recorded Delivery, why is he refusing to let me have the tracking number, by which I could make enquiries with my local sorting office? Has anybody else experienced anything like this, and what do I do next, as negative feedback has been left?

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Payment claimed to have been sent, but has not been received.

It is the buyer's responsibility to get the payment to you, as it is the seller's to get the item to the buyer, (after payment).
    Whatever the buyer claims to have done with Royal Mail is irrelevant - he has not got the payment to you.

Not being able to pay with Paypal,or a credit card sounds iffy, as does the speed with which he claims to have verified your signature, lodged a complaint, and left negative feedback.

You should contact eBid support, get the feedback removed and the buyer checked out.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kradinsky View Post
    I recently sold an item, and the buyer claimed to not be able to pay via pppay. I therefore suggested payment via postal order. The buyer then claimed to have sent payment by this method, using Recorded Delivery, and additionally claimed that Royal Mail say that the postal order was delivered and signed for. However, I did not receive it and did not sign for it. The buyer now says that he has lodged a complaint with Ebid, but he is refusing to let me have the tracking number so that I can check out his story with Royal Mail. If he genuinely sent payment by Recorded Delivery, why is he refusing to let me have the tracking number, by which I could make enquiries with my local sorting office? Has anybody else experienced anything like this, and what do I do next, as negative feedback has been left?
    i always post using a signed for method and as soon as i know the tracking number i email the customer, i can see no reason why the buyer could not give you the tracking number, there being unhelpful to resolve the situation report the facts to ebid explain every detail including the transaction number, make available any communication between you and the buyer.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Your buyer sounds iffy they have been added to my blackball list.
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    Your buyer sounds iffy they have been added to my blackball list.
    Why?

Buyer has purchased many items on eBid without a problem providing return custom for some sellers. As this seller (the OP) doesn't accept paypal then it complicates the transaction, don't forget that most buyers would have never seen a seller who didn't accept paypal - sounds like a communication breakdown by both parties more than anything else.

Thread Information