Thread: Malvern cops come up with lifesaving tax disc idea

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Malvern cops come up with lifesaving tax disc idea

[Borrowed from facebook]

MALVERN'S policing team has dreamed up a new use for the licence disc holders that every car carries on its windscreen - one which could save lives.

The switch from paper tax discs for cars to the new electronic version has meant that the familiar transparent plastic envelopes have become obsolete

But PC Dave Wise and colleagues at Malvern's police station have thought up a new use for them. They have come up with an emergency contact information and medical alert card.

http://www.malverngazette.co.uk/news...edium=facebook

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9JN...FfMXpQV0U/edit

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Malvern cops come up with lifesaving tax disc idea

LATEST NEWS:

Malvern police first force to charge driver for obstructing their forward view with lifesaving 'tax' disc.

Lol, thanks for the laugh Mel.
    I think that's quite a good idea Private Mcc2. Have just printed out two, one for me and one for the O/H.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Lol, thanks for the laugh Mel.
    There was a semi-serious basis to the comment. Most tax disks are located within the area of the windscreen that is swept by the wipers. The MOT inspection schedule states that only 'Official Stickers' should be located within this area. Official stickers being defined as:

'Official' stickers should be taken to be any sticker that is used in connection with 'road enforcement', 'security' or 'crime prevention' matters.
    These include: Disabled Persons Badges/permits, Parking Permits. Licences and Vehicle Anti-Theft Scheme stickers issued by a Policy Authority.
    Anything else (which the proposed would be) is cause for failure of the MOT. By that, it would also be a cause to be picked up by the police.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Too bad, it sounded like a good idea to me, to have emergency info. at hand where everyone could see it.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    There was a semi-serious basis to the comment. Most tax disks are located within the area of the windscreen that is swept by the wipers. The MOT inspection schedule states that only 'Official Stickers' should be located within this area. Official stickers being defined as:

Anything else (which the proposed would be) is cause for failure of the MOT. By that, it would also be a cause to be picked up by the police.
    Well why would they suggest it if it is against the law ? They have 'Produced by @MalvernCops' clearly stated on the printout.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Well why would they suggest it if it is against the law ? They have 'Produced by @MalvernCops' clearly stated on the printout.

All I can say is that by my interpretation of the current regulations they would not fall within those items allowed within the swept area of a windscreen. My interpretation may be wrong or the proposers of the idea may not have sufficiently thought it through.

Although the printed items may have certain text on them they are not 'issued by a Police Authority'.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    All I can say is that by my interpretation of the current regulations they would not fall within those items allowed within the swept area of a windscreen. My interpretation may be wrong or the proposers of the idea may not have sufficiently thought it through.

Although the printed items may have certain text on them they are not 'issued by a Police Authority'.
    Well if there was any query I would refer them to the Warwickshire & West Mercia Police as they have advocated that it is a good idea and produced the disc for the public to use.

I'm sure police would just use their common sense. Tax Disc holders aren't usually in a position to obstruct view. I also have a National Trust sticker, an MOT reminder sticker (stuck on by the garage who does the MOTs, surely they wouldn't put it there if it would cause an MOT failure!) , a Warrington Wolves sticker and an old Rock Radio sticker on my windscreen!

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well I think every car owner should put one of these in the holder.
    Name:  eBid sticker600.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  38.9 KB

Thread Information