Thread: After Sales Log- Indication of Order Processing

Forum Lurker
    View JDStamps's Feedback (+14454)
    All-About JDStamps
    View JDStamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default After Sales Log- Indication of Order Processing

Hi
    Thought I would raise this with you - currently there is no indication to buyers that sellers have received an order and are working on it (processing). I have noticed quite a few Forum points regarding customer expectation on delivery, which quite frankly is out of our hands once the item has left us by whatever means, but at least if they had an indication that their order was being attended to, it might stop a few neutral and negative feedbacks being left unjustly.
    With the busy season about to kick in, and some sellers having multiple orders to deal with, could we adjust the ASL to show buyers that their order is being processed, and where they are in the queue e.g O1,O2,O3, etc -used 'O' as we already have a 'P' for paid.
    This could then be monitored by the powers that be, and if no indication is made by the seller in a set amount of time, then a gentle reminder could be sent to the seller. This would enhance eBid's reputation for good service to the benefit of all, IMHO.
    I welcome comments from fellow eBidders.

All the best,
    John

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: After Sales Log- Indication of Order Processing

Quote Originally Posted by JDStamps View Post
    Hi
    Thought I would raise this with you - currently there is no indication to buyers that sellers have received an order and are working on it (processing). I have noticed quite a few Forum points regarding customer expectation on delivery, which quite frankly is out of our hands once the item has left us by whatever means, but at least if they had an indication that their order was being attended to, it might stop a few neutral and negative feedbacks being left unjustly.
    With the busy season about to kick in, and some sellers having multiple orders to deal with, could we adjust the ASL to show buyers that their order is being processed, and where they are in the queue e.g O1,O2,O3, etc -used 'O' as we already have a 'P' for paid.
    This could then be monitored by the powers that be, and if no indication is made by the seller in a set amount of time, then a gentle reminder could be sent to the seller. This would enhance eBid's reputation for good service to the benefit of all, IMHO.
    I welcome comments from fellow eBidders.

All the best,
    John
    I can see some merit in what you are saying, and how it could help some sellers.

However I am not reall sure that it is necessary.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I used to have an email template that I sent out acknowledging receipt of an order and advising the intended dispatch date, and then one confirming dispatch. I dropped them though as both me and eBid sending emails to a buyer seemed to be swamping them a bit and overkill.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

i guess that such a feature would prove unnecessary for most sellers as they simply don't sell great enough quantities to find themselves tied up and secondly many of us only list items that we hold....hence no delays....my understanding is that if a buyer makes a payment then, they aren't unreasonable in expecting almost immediate dispatch.

If there is a problem with shipping an order then isn't this what the drop down ASL log is for?.....the tab that lets you ask the buyer a question would be my obvious choice.

Thread Information