Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed with various things

Default Advice needed with various things

I currently sell through that other well known auction site as well as my website. Also at the moment I have a personal selling account on here which I opened some years back. I tried selling some unwanted items although at the time ebid was in its infancy so I didn't have much luck. As a long established online business seller through some other channels, I thought I would give eBid another chance and try to open a business account, this was about a year back and for some reason it would not let me as I already had a personal account. So my first question is are you not allowed a personal account and a business account.

The next thing I need advice on is as follows. I thought if I can not hold two accounts would it be possible to change the name of my personal account to my business name, then upgrade the account to a business account and link it with my business paypal account.

I have tried to do this second option but could not find how to change my user name to my business name. I would prefer to keep my existing personal account and open a new account for my business purposes. any advice will be much appreciated, thankyou.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Advice needed with various things

I would contact support explaining what you want to do via the help button at the top right of any page, and the contact us. Or email support@ebid.net
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

You are not normally allowed more than one account on eBid. However, if you have a valid reason to need one you can make your case to admin at support@ebid.net

They will then allow it if they agree the need - maybe with some conditions/restrictions on how the accounts can interact.

Thanks for your replies, I've put the question to customer support through the help link. It would seem strange not to be able to sell personal items if you hold a business seller account. As you would not sell personal items through your business.

Anyway I await ebids reply and advice, I will relay any info in this thread if I think it may be of use to others.

ebid got back to me and said there should be no problem opening another account for business. So I did and it worked this time.

I'm in the category electronics> security but of all the listings already under that category I am yet to find any business sellers that are actually selling. There seems to be a total lack of views, I'm not sure of the reason at this point but I will spend time viewing listings till I find someone selling and figure out their secret.

So far only listed one product at this point in time and the only views have been myself. I think the fact that most listings do not show a thumbnail image in the search results is a big turn off for potential buyers. Apart from that the site looks good and should blow ebay out of the water if it can get the visitors.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Glad you got your issues sorted. Re: sales, it seems there are some sellers who do well on eBid, while others don't fare as well, not sure why, it may have something to do with pricing or location or even lack of thumbnail pix, definitely a turn off for most buyers as you mentioned.

Good luck, hope you do well on here and welcome to the forums.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by makingroomathome View Post
    So far only listed one product at this point in time and the only views have been myself. I think the fact that most listings do not show a thumbnail image in the search results is a big turn off for potential buyers.
    Using the free listing format could be a false economy. If you use the Platinum listing format (for a small listing fee) you get the thumbnail in search/browsing results plus access to a lot of other options. Perhaps most importantly your items will be uploaded to Google Shopping - giving you exposure to a far greater customer base.

Only you can decide if you want to pay the Platinum fees, but past experience would indicate that those who try to save a few pennies struggle to make sales.

I'm the person who started this thread but I'm using my business account to reply. Thanks for your responses. I did go for the life time membership and also have gone for the option that shows the thumbnail image on the search pages.

I know from many years on line selling that people always view an image first before they read, so I think it is pointless having a listing that does not show a thumnail. People can see instantly what you are selling. There is only a 2% commission to pay when you sell, so it's a big saving compared to other online market places as long as you are selling.

I only have 9 items listed at the moment but I am experimenting trying to improve titles in order to rank higher in Google listings. Like many things in on line sales it is often a case of trial and error till you find your optimum listing design. I suspect due to the lack of publicity for this site that most visitors and sales will come via Google shopping. Anyway I'm off to have a browse round the forums to see if I can pick up some other useful tips to improve sales. Probably catch up with you all again soon.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can I suggest you put a link to your store in your sig. also use the pimp thread once a day. I find lots of my sales come from google+ so join up and get posting
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotec View Post
    I'm the person who started this thread but I'm using my business account to reply. Thanks for your responses. I did go for the life time membership and also have gone for the option that shows the thumbnail image on the search pages.

I know from many years on line selling that people always view an image first before they read, so I think it is pointless having a listing that does not show a thumnail. People can see instantly what you are selling. There is only a 2% commission to pay when you sell, so it's a big saving compared to other online market places as long as you are selling.

I only have 9 items listed at the moment but I am experimenting trying to improve titles in order to rank higher in Google listings. Like many things in on line sales it is often a case of trial and error till you find your optimum listing design. I suspect due to the lack of publicity for this site that most visitors and sales will come via Google shopping. Anyway I'm off to have a browse round the forums to see if I can pick up some other useful tips to improve sales. Probably catch up with you all again soon.
    Do you realise that by using th Run til sold option, your listings appear at the bottom of the searches?.
    It would be better to use the automatic relist option e.g 10X 10 days .
    Also as a lifetime seller+ you get 5 free shops, more publicity as your items can also be found via the shop sections.

Thread Information