eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful ad by Swainsbury.

Default Re: Beautiful ad by Swainsbury.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Maybe I have been watching the 'wrong channels' but I have only seen it aired once. Thought it was good, respectful, and in aid of a good cause. Maybe if the profits were going to charities abroad people would be less inclined to complain. Maybe not, some people are never happier than when taking offence and have the chance to act holier than thou.

Also worth remembering that there is no such thing as a totally selfless act of charity.
    Respectful???

Dis-respectful more like!

This is not Sainsburys simply being altruistic, its about them building a brand image.....and not doing a particularly good job of it. Yuk!!

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

This Christmas Sainsbury's will be doing even more to raise funds beyond the Poppy Appeal, including:

• Selling the WW1 chocolate bar featured in the ad in Sainsbury's stores for £1, with all profits donated to the Legion. The limited edition 100g Taste the Difference Belgian Milk Chocolate bar is manufactured in Ypres, Belgium, and features the same period packaging seen in the ad.
    • The Legion will be one of Sainsbury's charity Christmas card partners
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

If we wanted to donate to charity without a unique scenario, or without advertising we are donating to charity, we wouldn't have YDC.

ANYthing that can make people rethink how pointless war is cannot be at least all bad. Not many of us may have called up to mind the true story this represents. It is symbolic, and if they make a few bucks out of it, maybe they will see fit to find another way to reach not just pocketbooks, but hearts.

I don't see anyone else making such subtle ads at Christmas or any other time. I think it was lovely. I didn't even know they were selling the chocolate bars. Now I will buy one.

Thanks for posting, Poppa. It's been a bad week, and being reminded of the good in humanity is always helpful.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    If we wanted to donate to charity without a unique scenario, or without advertising we are donating to charity, we wouldn't have YDC.

ANYthing that can make people rethink how pointless war is cannot be at least all bad. Not many of us may have called up to mind the true story this represents. It is symbolic, and if they make a few bucks out of it, maybe they will see fit to find another way to reach not just pocketbooks, but hearts.

I don't see anyone else making such subtle ads at Christmas or any other time. I think it was lovely. I didn't even know they were selling the chocolate bars. Now I will buy one.

Thanks for posting, Poppa. It's been a bad week, and being reminded of the good in humanity is always helpful.
    yeah they could of at least picked a war that is ongoing like Lebanon, or syria and offered help to stop a real war, nope they cant do that, they prefer to use a predetermined emotive response,

the line is increasingly becoming fuzzy between professional advertising, of a product , and a genuine appeal by a charity, mixing the two to achieve a so called result for both parties would be hard to differentiate, even if all monies from a tax point of view went to charity, what would be the point, for the super market what profit will they make ? selling a few thousand chocolate bars, how much did the advert cost to produce and how much to air the advertisement compared to selling a few thousand chocolate bars, i would guess there at a loss before and after the add is placed, so what else are we left with for the reason of sainsburys doing this, from the goodness of the heart, even if it costs them money, well a business does not work that way, or could it be using a emotive subject to draw you to the awareness of a brand, which if your gullible enough to accept at face value may find you trotting along to sainsburys to buy a chocolate bar and your weekly shop, x by a few thousand would certainly see them in profit and maybe see you as a regular customer, especially at christmas when your likely to be buying more than you normally would.

its a cynical approach using a emotive subject to make you part with your cash, the crass aspect is the emotive subject , nor is it straight up about what it hopes to achieve for its self as a supermarket,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

On the subject of the memorial in Bristol being knocked down & rebuilt elsewhere,this does appear to be the case.
    Having looked at the planning details (available online) I don't see any reason,other than a large corporation's arrogance that it won't fit in with their design,for it to be removed.
    It's in a position that will be a pedestrian rather than vehicular access,so won't inhibit ingress to the site at all (just remove the ironwork).
    It is also a grade 2 listed building so shouldn't even be considered for demolition.Money talks!

Edit.
    I appreciate that the concern of the local populace is that the whole site is the memorial rather than just the stonework.
    Last edited by bluebedouin; 20th November 2014 at 09:42 PM.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    I appreciate that the concern of the local populace is that the whole site is the memorial rather than just the stonework.
    Exactly, so why does the Club need to have an oversized Stadium somewhere else anyway? Why not stay where they are & rebuild the Stadium where it is?

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    ....why does the Club need to have an oversized Stadium ..?

Delusions of grandeur?

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Exactly, so why does the Club need to have an oversized Stadium somewhere else anyway? Why not stay where they are & rebuild the Stadium where it is?

because of debt ,sainsburys step in and buy the debt, (for a song ) so they get cheap land override the status of the site to build against the wishes of the locals, planning laws were supposed of been changed to give locals more say in there enviroment, does not seem to be the case here, unless the planning approval is upheld because of the retrospective angle,

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

what people have to realise is for the last twenty years laws have been made and changed to allow business to succeed at any cost, take land registration its is now public knowledge for any one to look on line to find out who owns what, when they bought it, what mortgage they have , who with, and outstanding monies owed, what charges, covenants and restrictions apply to that land, the latest proposals are the fracking campain which propose to take away a freeholders right to say who and what can happen on there land, through the trespass laws, this has been announced rather loudly in support of business, overriding any say you have on your land, the new proposed TTIP trade deal will see a lot more change in the uk, as far as our rights go and public services.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    On the subject of the memorial in Bristol being knocked down & rebuilt elsewhere,this does appear to be the case.
    Not by my reading of the revised plans dated 29 July 2014. That states that the gates remain and that a memorial square be built adjacent to them:

The development design includes for the provision
    of a memorial square in the north-west of the
    site adjacent to the memorial gates. The design
    will seek to place the gates within an appropriate
    setting and will secure their long term maintenance.
    As part of the design, consideration will be
    given to undertaking remedial repair works to the
    gates where they have been damaged in the past.
    This is subject to obtaining Listed Building Consent.
    "seek to place the gates within an appropriate setting" does not mean the gates are to be moved, but that their surrounding will be made appropriate.

This will provide a site for memorial services better than current (on the road), renovation of the memorial gates (if permission is granted), and a far better setting than the current dilapidated stadium - which would only get worse over time.

The current stadium is not the stadium that was built as a memorial - so is not the original memorial. The remaining memorial is the gates - which will continue to exist in their present position.
    Last edited by astral276; 20th November 2014 at 10:34 PM.

Thread Information