My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Item condition idea

Exclamation Item condition idea

To make things more relevant to categories could you at HQ think about adding an "enter your own choice" to the conditions of item area so that people in various fields could enter a condition that collectors know what it is.

So a seller of stamps for example could select the "enter your own choice" and simply type in what was relevant to that stamp (MNH) is just one they may use

Sellers of postcards could do the same with their categories of condition

Vinyl sellers could do the same

I am sure other areas of collectables and other items would have relevant conditions.

To my knowledge, there is no other site that allows you to manually input a condition and think it would be a big selling point of eBid.

For uploading to google I would imagine that it would still need to be sent as "used" but I do not know,

Just another thinking out loud moment that I have been thinking about for a few days now.

Default Re: Item condition idea

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    To make things more relevant to categories could you at HQ think about adding an "enter your own choice" to the conditions of item area so that people in various fields could enter a condition that collectors know what it is.

So a seller of stamps for example could select the "enter your own choice" and simply type in what was relevant to that stamp (MNH) is just one they may use

Sellers of postcards could do the same with their categories of condition

Vinyl sellers could do the same

I am sure other areas of collectables and other items would have relevant conditions.

To my knowledge, there is no other site that allows you to manually input a condition and think it would be a big selling point of eBid.

For uploading to google I would imagine that it would still need to be sent as "used" but I do not know,

Just another thinking out loud moment that I have been thinking about for a few days now.

The bay have a system where you can manually enter in additions to the condition (after selecting the appropriate: new/used etc). Most over there don't bother to use it and others get it completely wrong. It just results in an utter mess that buyers learn to ignore. When they introduced that I was glad (as ever) that I don't sell over there.

Added: It is also a good way of sellers picking up negs, where the seller has the information entered in additions to new/used and not in the description. The buyer expects to see the information about condition in the description.

Things like stamp sellers entering in MNH - that should be in the title as it is a search term. Having a box where they can put that in (rather than the title) will likely affect sales and also mean less newbies find eBid listings on search engines.

Wouldn't be something I would use. A combination of words in the description and the image presents the condition .
    Last edited by deanosaur1972; 24th November 2014 at 12:42 AM.

Thread Information