Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just wanted to introduce myself

Talking Just wanted to introduce myself

Hi all, just wanted to say hi and let you all know a little about me, first of all my main selling point is going to be in the railway models area so please if its your thing check me out i have so much of this i am struggling to find space for it. Left to me by a late relative all of these trains and the many accessories are ex layout unless otherwise stated and are slowly being taken from storage for me to sell. I used to sell on the other big Ecommerce site and managed to clear approx 10% of the collection over around 4 years so i am sure you can see that leaves a lot to go.
    I also have other items to sell so check out where you can and i am sure you will find a bargain.
    Please do not hesitate to contact me if you are looking for a specific item as there is a very good chance i have it if its model train related so dont be shy i only bite my husband

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Just wanted to introduce myself

Hi Lilaccollectables and welcome to eBid. I was browsing some of your railway models and was impressed with your collection. Not really into train collecting, but have always admired those who are into train collecting. Hope that sales go well for you here.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome! Best of luck to you!

Just a small suggestion - if you make the wording a bit darker on your About Me page, it would be a lot easier to read....I find the pale pink quite difficult, so didn't get it read.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

A warm welcome to eBid, hope you will be very happy here with us. I agree with HerMajesty (you can't argue with royalty !) your about me page is hard to read in that colour.
    Also may I suggest, if possible, that you get more keywords like 'train' and 'railway collectables' into your titles as it will help pick up your items in searches.

Good luck with the sales.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, you have now met Cornish.........AKA ....SARGE. Friendly sort, and can often be found checking out the underside of tables here in the Kitchen. If you have a spare tot of gin, she would take it off your hands. Or, if you are not into such liquid refreshments, tea would do. Just stay on her good side or you will be peeling potatoes in the mess!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ouch, lilac text - I got as far as Hi - saw the mass of lilac on my page and blinked a few times. Sorry, but my eyes can't handle pale lilac on white background. Consider using traditional black on white.

Also, I noticed you have start bid prices of .99 with a reserve - I don't know of anyone willing to keep bidding/guessing what your reserve price is, it's not a popular option here on eBid. Consider starting your bid price at an amount you would be comfortable accepting should there be only 1 bid/winner.

Hope this helps
    x
    Last edited by jeweleffects; 24th November 2014 at 04:07 PM.

Dunno what HerMajesty is talking about ?
    Pillar of the eBid community me !

Hi lilaccollectables, a huge welcome to you from me as well.
    You will find that any questions you have to improve your sales here on eBid will be answered by the friendly forum members who are, like me, eager for you to do well.
    We need you and your lovely items for sale, but I do agree with jeweleffects that a bid start of £0.99 and buy now price of £27.00 is not encouraging sales - any would-be buyer would be rather put off after a few bids and still not being able to reach the reserve price.
    I know that I have given up after several bids on a start price and never reached the reserve.
    Start your items with a bid price that you would be willing to accept, at the moment there are not many bidding wars here on eBid.

Also take note of Cornishmaid's suggestion to use keywords in your item titles, that is very important when would-be buyers are searching for a specific item.
    You have made a step in the right direction by introducing yourself and we all wish you success with your sales.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ditto the above on the lilac lettering, IMHO it's kind of hard to read against the white background. If you want something jazzier than black on white, you might want to try red or green or navy or purple lettering for a bit of a pop that's still easily readable.

Also ditto the above on reserve auctions; as a buyer I don't even look at reserve auctions, but will gladly check out listings with a reasonable starting price. Also, as mentioned above, bidding wars are relatively rare around these parts as yet (with the exception of YDC charity auctions) so it's best to always start listings at the lowest price you'd be glad to accept for the item.

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information